Chapter 9

Months went by and Hyun allowed himself to be happy once again. Right now we're on a cruise. It's been pretty rough lately with everything so I decided to plan one to get Hyun out of the house and the area just for a little bit. After that talk we never really spoke of Imfihlo again and I appreciated that. I didn't want to talk about it ever again.
"Thank you." Hyun said.
"What for?"
"Standing by me."
"Always."
"I'm sorry about Imfihlo and I know you probably don't want to talk about her but I just want to tell you that it wasn't your fault."
"Thank you, maybe one day I'll believe that."
"Our lives have been quite eventful these last couple of years haven't they."
"You could say that." I laughed while I lay on the deck soaking in the sun. Hyun lay himself down on top of me with his head on my chest.
"I want to hold him a memorial."
"Are you sure your ready for that?"
"Yeah, I'll be okay."
The memorial service came around and we all stood around a new blooming orchid as Hyun spoke about his father. All the good times, the laughs, the ups and downs, all of it. Then at the end he finally let him go and all I could do was stand by him.

The afternoon came and so did council affairs. Hyun and I sat on our thrones as the rest of the council sat before us. They were arguing about how to preserve the Faerie Realm. It was dying. They went back and forth about the traditional method of a sacrifice. One said it was necessary the other said it was inhuman. Honestly the solution was right in front of them.
"Enough." I said calmly, tired of the bickering and the whole room instantly became silent
"I'll keep the Realm alive." I added.
"The Blood Lily requires a blood sacrifice. The same amount of blood to drain out a body." One of the members of the council said.
"I'm aware." I replied.
"You're willing to sacrifice your life for us? Faeries?" Another member asked.
"No, then what would become of my Realm? I'm sacrificing my blood. Not my life. Don't worry how it'll be done. It'll be done nonetheless. Was that the last issue of the day?" I asked and everyone looked around no one with anything else to discuss.
"You may leave." Hyun said and the council took their leave.
"Can you actually spare that amount of blood? What's going to happen to you if you do it?" Hyun asked. He seemed to be a bit upset that I offered to be the sacrifice.
"I'll be weak for a bit but I'll live."
"I don't know how I feel about you doing this. Your blood isn't blood though. What if the Lily rejects it and you gave your life for nothing."
"I'm not giving my life, I'm not going to die and the plant won't reject me."
"Why are you so sure?"
"Because I've don't it before." I spat without thinking it through.
"What do you mean you've done it before?"
"I didn't mean to say that. Please, please drop it."
"I want to know Hellfire. I'm your husband now. You can't keep hiding things from me."
"Some things I hide for your own good, your sanity. Sometimes when you know certain things about a person there's no going back."
"We're married. There isn't any going back. I feel like every time we get closer I break down one of your brick walls you close up all over again. What's it going to take for you to trust me."
"I trust you."
"Clearly." Hyun replied and he began to walk off.
"It was an execution." I said and he stood still.
"My execution." I added and he turned to face me.
"Faeries don't have enough power to execute you."
"I was young and naive. My trail of blood had become far too long and wide and people retaliated. They dragged me to the Lily. It was before I could control my abilities and at the time I didn't even know what I was capable of. They hung me high and pierced through me. A Faerie noticed I healed each time they pulled the sword out so they began to slice me repeatedly in the exact same spot. The Faerie Realm never looked more vibrant and alive. They kept me there for years so that this land could flourish. I was weak then and I'll never be that girl again."
"How did you escape."
"Just like every cliche story you've ever heard of. Fell in love with a boy. Well, he fell in love with me. And just like every devil has their tricks I have mine, acquired from my family, I convinced him to set me free."
"After you were set free?"
"I ripped his heart out and fed it to the Lily."
"That is not where I was expecting that to go."
"I didn't do relationships back then, it was just flings and hookups."
"Why did you think I wouldn't look at you the same after that?"
"I don't want you to see me as weak or vulnerable and treat me like I'm made of porcelain."
"I would never do that. I know very well that you're a strong capable woman. It's okay to show emotions. I'll stand by you during the whole Lily thing."
"Thank you." I said pulling him in for a tight embrace.
"Your majesty." One of the guards interrupted.
"What's the matter?" Hyun asked as we pulled away from each other but he still kept his hand on my waist.
"You have a guest."
"Who is it?" Hyun asked.
"A lady by the name of Rose. She says she's an older friend of yours."
"Rose?" Hyun whispered to himself.
"Send her in." He replied to the guard. Not more than a couple seconds later a slim tall woman walks in. Wearing heals and a tight fitted plush pink dress that matched her lipstick and nails. Her skin was white as snow and flawless.
"Alrosa?" Hyun asked and she smiled wide. Her was gleaming and she looked as if she had just found her long lost lover.
"Did you miss me?" She asked giving him a tight embrace. Jealousy began to bubble up inside me.
"You go by Rose now?" He asked.
"I just prefer it as opposed to Ally."
"Sorry, manners, Alrosa meet my stunning Wife and now Queen H-"
"Nuria." I cut him off before he told her my real name. Which I suppose wasn't necessarily a secret anymore but I'd still like to keep the number of people who know about it to a minimal.
"It's nice to meet you." She said holding out her hand. I starred at her hand then back at her. The look was cold and harsh. She awkwardly pulled her hand back and tried to laugh it off. Hyun slightly squeezed my hand telling me to be polite without actually saying it.
"Any friend of Hyun is a friend of mine." I said with a huge smile on my face going in for a hug. She hugged me back but as soon as I turned around I rolled my eyes so far back.
"I didn't know you were back from Earth." Hyun said.
"I decided it was about time I came home." She said in a flirtatious tone playing with her light brown wavy hair. I was so close to ripping it right from her skull. She was flirting with the wrong man.
"So how do you know each other?" I asked.
"We actually dated back in high school. Everyone thought we'd eventually get married." She said with a cute giggle placing her hand on Hyun's arm. Hyun obviously being the oblivious sweet guy he is didn't even notice that she was trying to make moves on him IN FRONT OF ME.
"Sorry, I need to take this." Hyun excused himself to answer his phone call and she watched him walk away biting her lip. The nerve on this woman.
"Hey, eyes back here." I snapped.
"Excuse me."
"You and Hyun might've been high school sweethearts but this isn't high school. So if you don't stop making eyes at my husband I will have them plucked out and forced down your throat. Do I make myself clear?" I ask gripping onto her wrist tightly.
"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."
"Good." I said letting go and Hyun came back and gave me a peck on the cheek.
"As lovely is it has been to see you again Alrosa we need to get going." Hyun said sliding his arm around my waist.
"I'll see you both around." Alrosa said before Hyun and I walked off.
"I don't like her." I said.
"You don't like everyone."
"Especially little miss Prom Queen."
"Weren't you a Prom Queen?"
"Your point is?"
"Just give her a chance."
"She's still alive isn't she?"
"Are you jealous?"
"No, I'm territorial. Jealousy is wanting something you don't have. Territorial is protecting what's already yours and she wants what's mine."
"What might that be?"
"You, and my throne."
We arrived at Brian's mansions and he greeted us outside with open loving arms.
"Please do come inside." Brian gesture in as one of his butlers pushed the door open.
As we took our seats Brian seemed to be particularly more excited than usual.
"You good Brian?" Hyun asked.
"Yeah." Brian replied smiling from ear to ear
"Who is she?" I asked.
"What?" They both asked simultaneously.
"The girl that's making you smile so much." I added.
"How'd you-" Brian began but I finished the sentence for him.
"Know? Please, I'm not stupid, I've watched lust go through this stage countless times."
"Her name is Ariel." Brian continued.
"When did you meet this Ariel." Hyun asked
"It's been a couple weeks." Brian replied.
"Are we going to meet her?" I asked.
"She's actually coming by now." Brian said and just then the bell rang. He started to look a little anxious and walked over to open the door almost shaking.
"What's up!" Came an all too familiar voice when he opened the door and no it wasn't Ariel. It was Ares. A sigh of relief yet also a tad bit of annoyance escaped Brian's mouth as Ares sat down on the couch beside me. He greeted the both of us before continuing to make himself comfortable on the couch. Seems he's been here quite a bit.
"What are we all gathered here for?" He asked.
"Brian met a girl." I said.
"Oh, tell me more." Ares replied sitting up straight.
"Her name is Ariel, they've been together a couple weeks and now he wants us to meet her." Hyun continued.
"Oh, does he now. Well, this is news to me. You're seeing someone?" Ares directed towards Brian.
"She should be here any moment now." He replied and the door bell rang. Brian almost jumped out his own skin before opening the door. Then she walked in. A petite woman with wavy red hair that seemed to almost float in the air. She almost looked like the little mermaid herself.
"Ariel, meet King Kim Hyun, Queen Nuria Morningstar and General Ares North." Brian introduced us. How formal, titles and all.
"They're all my friends though." He whispered when she tensed up at our titles.
"Hi, I'm Ariel Begonia." She said and poor thing didn't know whether to wave or curtsy or bow.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Ariel." I said walking towards her and everyone stood in anticipation of what I'd do. I pulled her in for a hug and the guys' mouths stood ajar.
"What? Did you expect me to slice her throat open?" I asked sitting back down.
"Of course not." Brian said helping Ariel to her seat beside him.
"Yes." Ares honestly replied and Hyun slapped him on the arm. I rolled my eyes.
Ariel was a light wistful spirit. She was nervously laughing and playing with her fingers every now and then. Looking down and not meeting my gaze in particular.
Time came for Hyun, Ares and I to leave.
Brian and Ariel walked us to the door and exchanged in the traditional goodbye before we left.
"I like her." I said as we walked to the car.
"Really?" Hyun asked.
"Yeah, don't you like her?"
"Of course I do, she makes Brian happy. You just don't like anyone."
"That's not true. I'm just selective."
"Extremely." Hyun added as he opened the car door for me to get inside.
We drove to Hyun's place then rode Kenna back to Hell. Entering the castle Hyun and I went straight up to the bedroom.
"I'm exhausted." Hyun said dropping down onto the bed.
When he noticed that I was still standing he grabbed me by the waist.
"Come here." He said pulling me down onto his chest.
"You're absolutely beautiful." He said pushing back strands of my hair that hovered just above his face. He started to kiss me slowly and gently. Slowly he began to unzip my dress and pull down the straps when there was a knock on the door.
"Just ignore them." Hyun said.
"We're King and Queen now, we can't ignore it." I laughed pushing myself off him and pulling back on my dress.
"Yes?" I asked at the door.
"My Queen. Your presence is requested." The guard said and Hyun fell back down on the bed.
"We'll be down in a minute."
"Just your presence your Majesty."
"I'll be down." I replied and the guard gave me a bow before walking away.
"I'll be back, duty calls." I said to Hyun while clipping on my heels.
"I'll be right here, maybe asleep, depending how long you take."
I kissed him on the cheek before making my way down the stairs.
"Who requires my presence?" I asked the guards.
"A woman in the dungeon My Queen."
"Say no more. I'll be making my way." I said and began to walk down.
"Alone." I added when I noticed two guards walking behind me.
I didn't need anyone to tell me, I knew exactly who summoned me.
"Jezebel." I replied standing in front of her cell. Her skin looked rather dirty but she looked healthy and fed.
"I hear you're Queen now." She said walking right up to the bars.
"I am."
"Congratulations. I used to be a Queen once but maybe you don't remember that and your father couldn't hold up his end of the deal."
"You've got some nerve. I should cut off your tongue. Why did you call me down here?"
"I need a favor from my dear old friend."
"My father?"
"Your mother."
"What do you want from my mother?"
"I need a person dead."
"You're in no position to be asking for any favors. Besides a number of people could do that why should it be my mother?"
"Because she's the only one Adam will listen to, his first wife, first love."
"Adam is back?"
"Yes he is and unfortunately he is very very angry."
"Why do you want Adam dead?"
"I have my reasons and those aren't important. Besides I think it would be in more of your interest than it would mine if Adam were dead."
"How do you know he's back."
"Stop with the why, when and how. I have my ways. You can think about it, but don't think too long. Who knows he might just show up here."
I didn't want to give her a response instead I gave her a stern nod and walked away.
I got back to the room to find Hyun asleep on the bed. I tried not to wake him quietly slipped off my dress and shoes before I headed to the shower. The hot water raced down my skin but not faster than the thoughts running through my head. Once I was done and climbed into bed I felt Hyun's arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his chest.