Chapter 13

He kept moving closer and closer and closer. I noticed I was staring down at his lips. I didn't move. His lips were just about to make contact with mine when he stopped.
"I'm not going to kiss you, not until you ask me to." He whispered to me before stepping back. He turned around to walk away and I took a deep breath through my nose, I didn't even notice that I was holding my breath the entire time.
Ares was just about to walk through the door when I called out to him.
"Ares."
"Yeah?" He asked turning around.
"Training early tomorrow morning. Be here." I said and he gave me a nod before walking out.
I looked down at my ring as I sat down onto my bed.

Everyone arrived in the training room the next morning and lined up horizontally before me. Ares walked in a little later and I gestured for him to join the line.
"As you all know war has been declared. They're goal is to kill each and every one of us. None of us are safe. They think I'm stronger than you, faster than you, more powerful than you and truly I am, but that's because I've trained since I could walk and truly no one in this room has seen what I'm capable of. I'm not here to teach you how to survive and if that's your only goal you're wasting your time and you will die. Fight to win, fight to kill and only then will you survive. Ares step up here." I said and Ares walked up to me, his exterior was calm, but deep down he was confused as to what I was going to do. I could see all the emotions plainly dancing on his face.
"Attack me." I said.
"What?" Ares asked and everyone else also looked confused not understanding where I was getting at.
"Hand to hand combat. It's all good and all to know how to shoot a gun or any other machinery but some fights are up close and personal. Fight me."
"Okay." Ares said a little hesitantly and went for a punch against my face and I caught it with my hand swiftly dropping him to the ground.
"Never go for the obvious attack unless your certain your opponent can't counter it." I said as Ares picked himself up from the floor.
Ares brought on his A game, I'll give that to him, he's a good fighter, but not good enough. He kept landing on the floor.
"And you call yourself a warrior." I playfully taunted him. He turned around to walk away when I yanked him by the back of the neck pulling him back then pinned him against the wall with one of my arms against his chest.
"Never turn your back against your opponent." I declared. Ares and I were unbelievably close and I began to have vivid flashbacks of the night before; the feeling of his hands on my body, the breath in his skin.
"Stop!" I shouted to myself in my head as I stepped away from him.
"Pair up, practice!" I shouted to everyone snd they all began training except Ares who ran up to me.
"How? I'm the best fighter I know and I fought for Earth, Heaven, Hell and the Faerie Realm and no one could beat me. No individual, no army. Yet you, you overpowered me easily and all in a pair of high heels." He said to me.
"Mother, Father and a bunch of other people here and there taught me how to use my powers, how to control them. Hyun taught me how to fight. He taught me how to shoot a gun, use a sword or dagger. I've been fighting for centuries and I was built to be a weapon from a young age."
All of a sudden I felt a rush up my body and ran to the bathroom throwing up all contents from the night before. As I was cleaning myself up I only had a single question racing in my thoughts; "Was I pregnant?"
Then countered: "I couldn't possibly be pregnant. I'm infertile. I can't have kids" I said to myself shaking off the absurd notion.
I continued to train them. I trained them with weapons and their own abilities or powers if you will.

After training we all sat at the breakfast table. We ate and everyone was too tired to try make conversation so we all sat in comfortable silence.
"Hyun never had a proper funeral. I want to have a memorial for him." I said.
"Are you ready to do that?" Mother asked.
"I don't think I'll ever be ready." I replied fiddling with the glass pendant. It's like I can still feel him near me. Standing behind me his hands rested on my shoulders as he bent down to kiss my forehead.
Then I can hear him: "Good morning firefly." And I think that was the most painful part. It's as though he's right there but I can't reach him. That brings upon the feeling of complete hopelessness and desperation. It can get a little
"Are you going to have it in Hell or The Faerie Realm?" Father asked.
"The Faerie Realm, right next to where we held his father's. I want to lower two caskets with some of their belongings." I answered.
"I think it's a great idea." Pride replied gently squeezing my shoulder.