Chapter 3

"You are the perfect mix of your mother and father." She said her smile broadening.
"And you're the splitting image of Lilith." Hyun said.
"A Faerie. Forbidden love. How typical of you Nuria." She replied.
"How typical of you to show up when you're least wanted and we can't forget that the only reason for your creation was because Adam couldn't handle an independent woman with her own mind. He wanted a mindless slave to serve him and then you were created."
"And then I fell into bed with Satan and bluh bluh bluh, I know, I lived it."
"And just like that, The Fall."
"Bravo I need to hand it to your Bible studies teacher, she's a done a great job."
"What do you want Eve."
"That's pretty simple. I want that pretty little head of yours."
Then there was a long pause.
"Are you looking at yourself in the mirror behind me?" She asked as I adjusted my hair and lipgloss.
"Yeah, I'm bored of this conversation." I replied fixing my dress still staring at myself in the mirror and I could see Hyun's shocked facial expression.
"You little-" She lunged at me but I stopped her mid air holding her neck from a distance with my hand on fire.
"I'm starting to lose my patience." I began slowly pulling my hand closed and Eve was gasping for air grabbing her neck.
Eve began to scream. A scream the echoed straight to our ears and I dropped down hard onto the floor. Blood was running from all our ears except for hers.
I screamed from the pain sending a flash in her direction. She ran out of the apartment blistered with blood streaming down from her eyes.
Round one is a tie the next one won't be even if it means I have to kill her.
I felt disoriented and weak. The room was changing between in and out of focus as it spun around me. I looked over to Hyun, he was out cold from the pain but the blood continued to pool from his ears. I crawled towards him and dragged him to the couch next to the chair Ares was still tied up on and his ears too were still bleeding. I pushed down onto the chair as I untied his arms from behind it the I dropped back down to the ground and untied his ankles. I was breathing heavily and I could taste the blood in my mouth from over working myself while still being injured. I sent a wave to and through them drawing back with it all their pain and every effect Eve's Scream had on them. Slowly they began to gain consciousness but couldn't move. They stared up at me drawing in all of their torment. Hyun was the first who noticed what I was doing and started shouting at me for me to stop.
"Nuria stop! You're going to kill yourself!" He shouted they were still paralyzed and Ares began to come back to reality began to grasp what was going on and started to try move himself to me but he too was still immobile.
They couldn't do anything. All they could do was watch as the blood ran down my eyes, ears and nose black as ink until I stopped and blacked out.

Slowly my eyes began to flutter open. I turned my head slightly, even though it hurt to do so, to see Ares and Hyun sitting on either side of my bed with dread written all over their faces.
"You didn't really think I was dead did you?" I asked pushing myself up from my bed.
"Thanks, but I've got it." I said when they both tried to help me up.
My vision came fast and I could feel the strength moving back into my body through my veins.
"Are you okay?" Hyun asked.
"I will be, just give me a few minutes." I replied.
"I don't understand. How are you alive right now?" Ares asked his face now covered in confusion and behind his eyes I could see his brain trying to work it out.
"I'm immortal. I can't die. It's both a blessing and I curse." I replied standing up from my bed. It was almost midnight. I walked into the bathroom to get changed into a more 'demon hunting' appropriate outfit and walked out with the Shadow Whip in hand.
"Let's go. We've got Demons to catch." I said.
"Are you joking?" Hyun asked.
"You can't be serious." Ares added.
"I'm being dead serious."
"You still need to recover." Ares said.
"You literally just woke up." Hyun added.
"I'm fine and perfectly capable. Plus I want to go home as fast as possible so I don't have to see Eve or humans anymore which means catching as many demons as I can as soon as possible."
"Okay then." Ares said standing up and Hyun pushed him back down to his seat.
"No sit down. I just saw a black liquid oozing from every hole or gap in your head you're not going Demon Hunting."
"Super cute that you think you can tell me what to do. Do you see anything oozing out of anywhere now?" I asked.
"No."
"Exactly, I'm fine. It's just a little blood and a few little bruises."
Hyun came up to me, lifted my shirt and directed my torso to the mirror.
"That's little?" He asked pointing to the throbbing bruise on my side covering from under my bra to my hip, from the middle of my back to the middle of my stomach. I pushed his hands off and pulled my shirt back down.
"It wasn't a little blood. You were laying in about a bath tub amount of it." Hyun added.
"Don't you dare, ever, touch me like that again. Seeing as the both of you are spineless, I'll go alone." I replied making my way across the room.
"I just want to make it clear that I didn't say anything." Ares said looking at me and he could see the anger boiling behind my eyes as I walked out the room.
"Go with her. She'll kill me if I follow." Hyun said to Ares.
"I'm going because I was going to not because you told me to." Ares said getting up to get his things and run after me.
"You got pretty far in a couple of minutes." He said once he finally caught up to me.
I turned to look at him then turned back to look straight ahead.
"No jokes, okay." He said and I pulled a long knife out my boot. I stared down at the family crest imprinted on the hand of gold.
Swiftly I turned around and threw it. The dagger flew straight into the Demon's third eye and it dropped to its knees.
"How did you-" Ares started but stopped when he noticed I had already began to approach the Demon and ran up after me.
"You've gone against the orders of Lucifer and disobeyed him. You can either come with us willingly and mercy might be shown to you at your sentencing or stand up and fight against me and no mercy will be shown to you at all." I spoke to the Demon in a language only they could understand.
"I apologize for my transgressions your highness. I will go willingly." The Demon said before bowing its head. I pulled out the dagger from its eye, wrapped the shadow whip around its neck and pulled hard under there was no more than smoke where it once was.
"That was fast." Ares said.
"It could tell I was angry and would've killed it in a fight from my anger." I replied wiping the blood off of my dagger with its black cloth.
"I don't want to get involved right but-" Ares started but I cut him off.
"That's what people say just before they get involved."
"Hyun didn't mean bad by it. He just cares, a lot."
I have no response.
When we walked back into the apartment Hyun was already pacing up and down near the door but he stopped when he saw us.
I lifted up my shirt and showed it to him. No bruise. Then I walked back upstairs to my room.
All changed into pajamas and straight out the shower I sat on my bed, legs crossed, channel surfing when Hyun walked in.
"Nuria can we please talk?" He asked and I continued to click through channel after channel after channel before after a couple minutes switching the TV off and crossing arms.
There was a silence.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so abrasive. I just want you to know it comes from a place of love not me wanting to control you in anyway." He said and continued to sit with my arms crossed.
"Do you forgive me?" He asked after there was another long pause of silence.
I took a deep breath.
"If I hadn't you'd be dead. You're lucky I like you." I said and Hyun grew a huge smile on his face and pulled closer to him. I winced as from pain. He pulled back.
"I'm joking." I said kissing him on the cheek and walking downstairs for water. I heard steps behind me.
I drank my glass of water and placed it into the sink as I turned around Hyun encaged me with either hand on either side of my body. He looked down at me searching my eyes for some sort of signal. I grabbed buckle of his belt and slowly pulled him closer. With a hair tie, that was around my wrist, I pulled my hair up.
I dragged my hands down is torso as I too slowly began to lower. I now knelt down in front of him, my face hovering just above his buckle and zip and my hand on his pants to stabilize myself. Then with ease I bent down even lower grabbing my lipgloss that had fallen behind him earlier that day.
I got up and began to walk away.
"Really? You didn't have to do all of that."
"I know." I said turning back to him, applying my lipgloss, then walking back up to my room.
When Hyun walked back in I already lay in bed.
He jumped into the bed with me and squeezed me tight.

SHEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara