Chapter 11

Kenna caught us just before we reached the ground and Hyun gasped on impact.
"I'm never doing that again." He said.
"It wasn't that bad."
"You're actually insane."
"I know, don't you just love it?"
"Maybe a little bit." Hyun said before turning around to give me a quick kiss.
We arrived and the mansion looked slightly different, bigger.
"Did you expand or something?" I asked when we both jumped down from Kenna.
"Not exactly. It was kind of a surprise. Let me show you." He said holding my hand and walking me to this extra large room.
"You built another room? It's very big though don't you think?" I asked.
"It's for Kenna. When we're here she doesn't really have a place to stay and I know how much it means to have her close to you." He replied and I had no response. I just pulled him in and gave him a tight squeeze.
"Mind the injury firefly."
"We should get you to bed." I said walking him into the house then lay him down onto the bed. As I was getting up to leave Hyun grabs my arm and pulls me back onto the bed on top of him.
"You're going to hurt yourself." I said trying to push myself up but Hyun was holding onto me tight. I sighed looking down into his eyes as he stared attentively into mine.
"You're beautiful." He said pushing back a couple strands of hair. I smiled shying my face away, but Hyun pulled it back by my chin then lay my head down on his chest.
"Hyun, I don't want to hurt you." I said placing my hand gently on the bandage.
"It doesn't hurt." He replied taking my hand into his, lacing his fingers with mine. His other hand lay on the small of my back. Slowly he brought our interlocked hands up to his mouth and planted a kiss on the back of my hand. Pulling our hands to his chest began to rub my hand with his thumb in circles. He rested his head back down onto the pillow closing his eyes.
"You're the only peace in among my chaos." I said to him but he didn't hear me. He was already fast asleep. I must've fallen asleep soon after as well because I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.
"Hello?" I said walking out of the room as not to wake Hyun.
"Hello your Majesty."
"Who am I speaking to?"
"A little distraction."
"What?" I asked but the line died before I got my response.
Then it suddenly hit me.
I hurts back into the room to find a hideous monster like beast. Crossed between a bear, vulture and crocodile. I stood there shocked at the size of the thing. Hyun was standing facing it. As soon as it noticed me it lunged at Hyun grabbing him by the neck threatening to sink it's scaly clawed hands into his neck if I stepped any closer. Then out of nowhere a vine wrapped around the beast's neck yanking it all the way to the other side of the room. Looking over at Hyun I noticed he was the one controlling it.
"You're playing on my plane field." He said causing more and more thorny vines wrapped around the thing pulling it tighter and tighter. The beast was screaming, crying out. I've never ever felt remorse nor empathy but the cry sliced right through me.
"Stop." I said pulling back Hyun's hands which in turn pulled back the vines away allowing the monster to escape back out through the window.
I checked on Hyun's wound to make sure he didn't rip it back open or anything. I cleaned it up and sealed on the new bandage. Luckily he was doing just fine.
"Where did you go?" He asked.
"I got a strange phone call." I replied adjusting the bandage.
"Looks like you can fight for yourself pretty well." I added handing a pain killer.
"You sound disappointed."
"What? No. Did it come out like that?"
"Yeah."
"No, I meant it in like a proud type of way. I've never seen an animal like that before and you took it on all by yourself."
"I'm actually a lot stronger than you think I am."
"I'm sure you are."
"No, seriously, I am."
"And I'm not arguing with you."
"But you sound extremely sarcastic."
"Do I now?"
"Yes. The only reason I don't defend myself more often is because you love swooping in and saving the day. You know, for a supposed villain, you have quite the hero complex."
"I don't have a hero complex."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"If you say so." Hyun said walking out the room.
"I do not have a hero complex." I said chasing after him.
"I'm not arguing with you."
"Don't use my own lines on me."
"How did it make you feel seeing that I could handle that thing by myself."
"I was very happy for you."
"See, you can't even say that with a straight face. Hero complex."
"So you put yourself in dangerous situations just so I can get you out of them?"
"Ding ding ding. I deserve 'husband of the year' no 'decade' no 'century' don't you think?" He said and I playfully punched his arm.
"It's not necessarily a bad thing." He said laughing.
"Still, I want you to stop. You can take care of yourself." I replied.
"Okay." He said pulling off the bandage from his torso.
"What are you-"
"I don't need it. I appreciate you helping me though, but I'm fine."
"Hyun, you got stabbed."
"I know. I have an extremely high pain tolerance, don't worry about me."
"Okay but that bandage doesn't have anything to do with pain."
"You said that I can take care of myself."
"Yes but not in this situation. There's a difference."
"Really?"
"Fine, but don't come crying to me once you have an infection."
"You burnt it shut, I'm not going to get an infection."
"If you say so."
"Come, I want to show you something."
"What is it?"
"Just trust me." Hyun said leading me outside by the hand.
"Okay." I said and Hyun pulled me close to his chest. Looking down into my eyes he quickly raised and dropped his eyebrows smirking at me and I began to regret my decision, but before I could step back we ascended to the sky. Hyun turned me around so that my back was on his chest.
"I won't drop you, I promise." He said.
"Hyun, you better not let go."
"I won't, open your eyes." He said chuckling to himself. Slowly I pried my eyes open, my breathing was heaving as I looked down.
"Relax. I've got you." He said and I could feel him smile from behind me. I felt my body begin to relax and took in everything below me.
"Do you trust me?" Hyun asked with my back still pressed against his chest. I took a minute. Not a minute of hesitation, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that I trust this man with everything I am, I took a minute to take it all in.
"Yes."
"I promise I won't let you fall." He said.
"The more you say it, the less convincing it is you know?"
I could see where he was going. I began to protest but before I could even finish a word he tossed me into the air. My heart stopped. I felt almost as if I was frozen in mid air. I fell onto Hyun's arms. He held me bridal style, tightly and close to his chest.
I let out a breath of relief.
"See, I've got you." Hyun said.
"Don't ever do that again."
"Come on, you enjoyed it."
"I almost had a heart attack."
"But you didn't and I bet it was quite the adrenaline rush."
"Maybe."
"You're so stubborn. Just admit you had fun."
"I have nothing to admit to." I replied and Hyun just laughed. I smiled slightly.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"You'll see."
"Does it involve me being tossed into the clouds again?"
"It can if you want it to."
"No, I'm good." I said and Hyun burst out laughing.
He took further up into the sky. Everything looked so small and beautiful. The entirety of the Faerie Realm was wrapped in green and rose gold. It all looked so peaceful. Hyun continued to rise further and further and further up into the sky until we flew straight through the clouds. Looking down it was as if there was long fluffy trail beneath me feet. I slightly giggled with joy running my hands through the clouds.
After soaring above the clouds endlessly Hyun gave me a devilish smirk.
"Hold on tight." He said before speeding down back to the ground. The wind caused by how fast Hyun was going felt as though if I just relaxed my grip, even just a little bit, I'd be blown away. Then he begun to slow down. Easing his way back into the same speed as before. We flew around a stunning blossoming forest. All the plants, flowers and trees almost ten times the size of normal ones. I stretched out my hand running it through the water gushing down the waterfall. The water glistened as if it were kissed by the sunlight on each and every drop.
We sought shelter under an orchid by the stream. Rain drops began to slowly drip down from the sky and temperatures began to drop drastically.
"Looks like there might just be a storm." Hyun said looking up out towards the sky.
"I hope not. I hate the cold." I said pulling my knees towards my chest shivering from the cold. Hyun whipped off his iconic leather jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders pulling me close and tight to his chest.
"Better?" He asked wrapping his arms around me. He was warm, comfortably warm. He gave off a sense of safety and security that I'm not used to getting really. My family isn't exactly the affectionate type and neither was I for a while. That was until I found someone that made me want it. Someone I wanted to have all the cheesy, gooshy things with. Someone I wanted to love and show love. I know it sounds all too cliche and in a way I suppose we were. The "good boy next door" turning the "trouble girl/bad girl" into a genuine person and they fall in love, or whatever you all are into nowadays. And I know this is cliche too but Hyun and I were different. Different from your average romance. It took us years to get where we are today and I must admit I was most of the problem. I couldn't let him in, I don't let people in, because in the end they always leave or disappoint me. Putting your trust into a person is like fueling an atomic bomb and putting in your back pocket just hoping it won't blow up and take you with it. Hyun proved himself to be different. He became whatever I needed him to be and with time so did I. Then one day I found myself in love with this man and with each day I fall in love with him all over again.
"Much." I replied as he let his chin fall down onto my shoulder.
The smell of fresh wet soil drifted lightly under my nose. Everything was so, alive. The rain started to calm but a storm began to brew.
"We should get back before the storm hits." Hyun said standing up and reaching a hand to me.
"Thank you." I said taking hold of it as he pulled me up and into his arms.
"Ready?"
"Yup." I said slightly tightening my grip.
I had more time to enjoy the ride back. Taking in the peace of the sky before going back to everything we left behind.
When we landed I checked on Kenna while Hyun went inside.
"Hey girl." I said rubbing just above her nose. She nodded her head back affectionately.
"Hyun showed me the most beautiful forest today. I'll have to show it to you someday. You'll love it."
Kenna nudged me gently with her head.
"Yeah, I guess I am pretty happy." I said and Kenna licked my face.
"Stop." I laughed pushing her back.
"Now I should head back inside before Hyun thinks I'm missing." I said giving her a kiss on the head.
"I'll be back to say goodnight." I added closing her door behind me.
Walking into the living room my silly smile slowly faded.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"We just want to talk." My mother said and my siblings all nodded. My father on the other hand sat still and silent. Void of all emotions as he looked at me.
"I'm not up for talking. Try again...after a century or two." I replied and turned to walk away.
"Hellfire." My father said in stern, demanding voice.
"Yes father." I said turning back on my heel.
"We've come all this way to talk to you. The least you could do is to hear us out."
"I don't want to hear you out."
"Just let them say what they have to say." Hyun said taking hold of my hand.
"No, leave." I said just as the storm hit. A bolt of lightning flashed brightly lighting up the whole room. The wind began to whistle and blow. Trees were knocking outside and benches swept off the ground.
"They can't leave now. The storm outside is the worst one yet." Hyun said.
"Fine, but that doesn't mean I have to be with you."
"Hellfire." My mother reprimanded.
"What would you like mother?"
"Sit down. I'm not going to beg you, nor will I ask again."
I was about to respond but then Hyun covered my mouth with his hand.
"You're going to regret whatever you say right now." He whispered into my ear.
"Just hear them out." He added.
"Fine." I muffled and Hyun removed his hand
And we both sat down on another couch side by side.
"I'm listening." I said.
"Hellfire, we're sorry, we didn't mean for your feeling to be invalidated nor for Hyun to be injured in your absence." Wrath spoke on behalf of all of them.
"That's all you think this is about?" I asked.
"Then what is it about Hellfire?" My mother asked.
"It's about everything. Everything from the past. Hyun is fine. That's what matters to me right now, but it's not just about him. It's about this so called family I'm a part of."
"What do you mean by that?" Father asked.
"You know exactly what I mean by that Father. I picked myself up from ashes, when I had nothing. I made myself who I am now. So excuse me if I'm reluctant to let you in all of a sudden. You weren't around when I needed you, so I made sure I'd never need you again."
"We've always been right here Hellfire." Pride said.
"You've been waiting for me to slip and fall. Each and every one of you."
"Why'd we want that?" Envy asked.
"To rid this family of me. You've always seen me as noting more than a curse, an outsider. I've never once felt wanted in my own home and now finally I have my own family. That loves me unconditionally." I said squeezing Hyun's hand a little tighter.
"So I'm sorry but sorry isn't enough. You can't throw and shattered a vase onto the floor then say sorry and except it to come back together without a single scratch." I added. The thunder began to crackle.
"I admit, we weren't there for you like we were for your brothers and sisters. We just didn't know how to raise you because we didn't understand what you were." Mother said.
"Oh please. Stop your whining. You should be grateful. We gave you a backbone and anger hot enough to burn worlds to the ground. Look at all you have accomplished. Do you really think you'd have all of this if we handled you with kitten gloves?" Father asked.
"I don't owe a single penny nor dime nor cent of my success to either of you. You treated me like I was some sort of killing machine or a weapon unknown by the enemy during a war not a daughter. I am where I am today because I got myself here."
"You are more than just our daughter you've never understood that." Father said beginning to stand up and walk towards me.
"We never treated you like a regular child because you're not like our other children. Call yourself whatever you want, a black sheep, the outsider, but the fact remains that Hellfire you aren't like the rest of us. Now you can take that however you like but honey you are destined for so much more. We had to be tough on you or you would never grow." He continued now towering over Hyun and I.
"I didn't need you to drill me or train me like a soldier. What was all that supposed growth good for if nothing but trauma after trauma. There was a time that I didn't need you to be my trainer or sergeant, a time where all you needed to do was be my father and you couldn't. And mother you stand there looking mightier than though but you could never love me, a monster born from the very flames you created your demons. All I ever wanted was two parents, something I was denied when I needed you most. I needed a place to call home. You're centuries late to be trying to play mom and dad." I said getting up and walking away. Father tried to grab me but Hyun pushed him back.
"Move out of my way. This is family matters." Father said.
"And Hellfire is family me to me. Let her go." He said and I could see my father getting angry and frustrated at the fact that anyone dared to get in his way or talk back to him.
"And who do you think you are to stand in the way of me speaking to my own daughter?" Father asked.
"Right now the only person whose always stood by her. I learned more about Hellfire in the ten years I've known her than any of you in this room know over centuries combined." Hyun replied.
"Do you know who you're talking to?" My father asked drawing out his red devil eyes, horns and claws. I was about to storm back down and rip them right off but I didn't even have to. Hyun drew his hand out pulling a branch of carnivorous plants into a long spiral that looked above my father's head.
"I wouldn't recommend your next move. I can prove to be quite lethal when need be." Hyun said.
"Huh." My father said. I'm not too sure what expression he was making nor what the tone of his voice meant. He looked to be something  between infuriated and impressed. Hyun pulled back his hand letting the branch slowly slither back to place.
"Now if you'll excuse me Hellfire needs me right now." Hyun said walking off.
"Are you okay?" He asked cupping my face into his hands.
"I don't know whether to congratulate you for standing up to the devil himself or call you stupid for it."
"Forget him and all that right now. Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine."
"No you're not and it's okay. You're allowed to feel emotions."
"I don't want to talk about it."
"You don't have to, but I'm here to listen when you decide to."
"Thank you." I said standing up and pulling him into a tight hug.
"I'm right here firefly."
We walked back down to the rest of my family hand in hand.
"I forgive you." I announced as Hyun and I both stood before everyone and he slightly squeezed my hand to comfort me.
"You do?" Wrath asked.
"Yes, besides Eve and Adam are still coming and building an even deadlier army of non existent animals, we can't afford to be divided right now." I said.
"Of course." Pride replied adjusting his suit.
"Looks like the storm outside has cleared." Greed added.
"I suppose that means we should get going then." Mother said collecting her things.
"No, stay. It's getting pretty late. You can go after breakfast tomorrow morning. Pick a room for the night. I'll see you for dinner in the dining room in an hour." I said. Hyun and I turned to head to our room.