Chapter 4

My father stared him up and down scanning us critically.
"Nice to meet you Hyun." My mother said giving him and I both a hug and me a kiss on the cheek as she whispered into my ear.
Then she gave me a smile as she pulled back and I gave her a nod.
My father continued to give Hyun the death stare before he gave me a tight squeeze.
"Hyun." My father said giving him a nod and Hyun gave him a small bow out of respect.
"Sit, let's have dinner, shall we?" My father said leading my mother to her seat with his hand on her back. Each of my siblings sat down and so did Ares. Hyun pulled out the chair for me and just as promised I sat beside him.
My father and brothers continued to observe Hyun watching his movements closely. I gave him a warm smile of encouragement and slightly squeezed his hand.
The table soon filled with chatter of my siblings great adventured and my little hunting trip and then came the part I knew was unavoidable. The interrogation.
"So Hyun, tell me, where are you from?" My father asked.
"The Faerie Realm, Mr Morningstar." Hyun replied.
"Right, you must be Anulap's son." My mother said recognizing him but my father looked at her blankly.
"Anulap, the King of the Faeries." Mother reminded him.
"Right, so that makes you Prince then wouldn't it?" My father asked.
"Yes sir." Hyun replied.
"What are your intentions with my daughter?" My father asked.
"To love her and build an Empire with her. Leave a Legacy, sir." Hyun responded.
"Big plans you have. I trust you're not with my daughter only for the the status."
"No sir, I'd be killed in the Faerie Realm for being with anyone from Hell."
"By your own father?"
"Those are the rules sir and no one breaks them."
"Forbidden love a stories I'm quite familiar with." Father replied looking at my mother and giving a sigh.
"I'll speak to your father. I'm sure we could come to an understanding."
"Seriously?" I asked.
"Anything for my children." Father replied looking around at all of us.
"Thank you sir." Hyun replied and I gave him a smile and laced my fingers with his under the table.
"Since all my kids are back home I say this is more than enough cause to throw a party." Father suggested. Have I mentioned that he loves throwing parties and balls. All of our smiles broadened.
"It should definitely be a themed party and we travel back in eras." Lust suggested.
"What era are we going back to?" Pride asked.
"The sixties." I suggested and the whole table filled with chatter of the upcoming sixties themed party.
"Hyun you may stay here in one of the guest bedrooms for the night and please do extend an invitation to your father to attend the party."
"Thank you Mr Morningstar, I will do so."
"And of course Ares you're invited as well." My mother said and Ares responded with a nod and a smile.
After dinner while I was on my way to show Hyun to one of the guest rooms my father stopped me.
"Nuria, a word." My father said in a stern voice. I could tell he wasn't asking.
"Yes father." I replied letting go of Zion's arm.
"Pride, please show Zion to a room and be nice." I said.
"I'll try my best." Pride said still glaring down Hyun even though they were roughly the same height.
I turned to follow mother and father to their study. Father closed the door behind us and took a seat.
"A Faerie Hellfire? Of all the creatures that roam the realms and universe you chose a Faerie." He began.
"I didn't necessarily chose, it just happened."
"I'm sure it did. We had a plan, you ruined that." He continued.
"Lucifer calm down, you're being melodramatic. She didn't ruin anything. You wanted her to marry a King and when or if she marries Hyun that's exactly what he'll be, a King." My mother said.
"Is that the only reason you approve of him?" I asked my father.
"Well of course, if he wasn't royalty I would've chopped his head off."
"Lucifer ! That's not how I meant that."
"Wow 'dad' so to you we're not you're children we're just a game plan."
"No, of course you're not, don't say that." He begged.
"Then prove it to me that you actually care for someone other than yourself." I replied.
"Now Hellfire he is still you're father." My mother reminded me but I knew that perfectly well.
"And for that reason my whole existence will forever be damned." I replied and I stormed out of the room.
My father leaned against his desk and took another sip of his Bourbon while my mother chased after me.
"Listen baby, he may not go about it the right way but, your father, all he wants is the best for you. He'll come around and begin liking Hyun further than just his title. Just give him some time. We love you sweetheart, remember that."
"Thank you mother." I replied and she gave me a comforting hug.
"And if it counts for anything I one hundred percent approve of Hyun." She said with a wink and I just slightly giggled as she walked away, back to the sacred study.
I walked up the grand staircase and I heard a very distinct chatter and laughter coming from one of the guest rooms. I opened the door to find Hyun talking and all my siblings plus Ares in there cracking up and laughing hysterically. Even Greed's eyes were watering, that's something you don't see often. I leaned against the door frame observing and Hyun was the first one to spot me.
"Hey didn't see you there." He said. Indolence stood up and almost collapsed on top of me because of how much he was laughing.
"I love this guy." He just managed to say gesturing to Hyun. Pride you could see a vein or two popping on his forehead from all the laughter Gluttony and Ares too. My sisters weren't any better either. The only person who wasn't completely dying was Hyun who was just laughing lightly. He stood up and walked towards me.
"Hey." He said with a smile on his face.
"Hey, what did I miss." I said looking back at the havoc unleashed in the room. Gluttony was laughing so hard he was hitting things. Envy was gripping her stomach, Wrath was dying on the floor and Lust has tears streaming down her face.
"Not much really. Just telling them a couple of stories."
"No you didn't tell them-"
"Yup that's the one."
"Hyun!" I said slapping him on the arm. Wrath lifted her head for a few seconds only to look at me and continue laughing.
"I'm never going to live this down." I said to myself.
"Probably not." Hyun replied putting his arm on my shoulder and leading me to sit right next to him.
"I should get going." Ares said collecting himself, wiping the tears and walking out the door. Hyun and I were the only ones capable of actually saying goodbye while the other just waved.
After a minute, maybe several, they finally stopped laughing.
"That's the hardest I've laughed in a very long time." Pride said.
"Hyun, we're going out for suits and maybe lunch tomorrow would you like to join us?" Greed asked.
"I'd quite enjoy that, thank you." Hyun replied.
"So now you like Hyun?" I asked.
"I've already proclaimed my love." Indolence said.
"Yes, we approve." Gluttony said.
"Well I always like him." Lust said.
"He's alright." Wrath said with a goofy side smile.
"Welcome to the family." Envy added.
After a few hours of my siblings getting to know Hyun everyone left and it was just him and I.
"I think they might just like me." Hyun said.
"I think they're in love with you. My brothers have never liked any of their sisters boyfriends."
"So I'm the first."
"Don't get a big head about it."
"Of course not." He replied sarcastically.
"I'm going to sleep, so I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow morning."
"Don't want to sleep here?"
"Everyone may like you but my father will skin you alive if I sleep in this room tonight."
"Noted."
"He'll warm up to you eventually, just give him a little time."
"Goodnight firefly."
"Goodnight Hyun."