Chapter Three

After we finish laughing me and Mono go over to a switch on the wall. I jump up and pull it down turning off the lights. Just like in the game the creepy picture of the Teacher shows light coming through the holes where her eyes would be. I go to turn on the lights when I remember something. I put my phone in my pocket before I was pulled into the tv. I was pulled through a tv into this world, right? My memory is fuzzy for everything before the room with the music box. I shake it off and dig through my pockets in my pants.

     I find my phone and to my delight it's fully charged, something that's rare in my case. I turn on my flashlight and show it to Mono. "Wow, you have a flashlight!" He sounds excited. I walk down the hallway and back into the room with the bunkbeds. I pick up a ball in the middle of the floor and walk back to the picture of the Teacher.

     I aim carefully and throw the ball at her. It hits her right between the eyes, causing the picture to fall. Me and Mono crawl through the now visible hole in the wall into a room with a chair with rope around it. I ignore it and start jumping on the loose floorboards beneath me. Mono joins and soon we break through. I pull my phone out of my pocket, because I had to put it back to grab the ball, and I turn on the flashlight to see better.

     We walk forward until we come to an area where we have to crouch. Soon we can stand upright again and I see the wooden planks we have to squeeze through. I go first and then grab Mono's hand and help him through. We walk forward and we come to the area where we have to jump down and pull a vent grate off to continue. I jump down the boards and start pulling on the vent grate.

     Mono joins me and the vent grate flies off throwing us to the floor and landing behind us. We crawl into the vent and continue with our journey. Since I'm going first I see the vent opening and jump through it onto the floor below. Mono is next to me in seconds and then I hear the god awful sound of the Teacher growling. We climb over an overturned locker to see the shadow of the Teacher retracting her neck and closing the door as she walks away. She'll be a challenge.

     We continue forward and walk past a bucket with a duck in it. I remember the first bucket trap is right beyond this door. Before we continue forward I shove Mono beside the trashcan filled with balled up paper and go over to the raised board with a ball behind it.

     I go to the left of the ball and step on the board. I hear a clicking sound, the bucket swings past me, and I look at Mono. "How about we avoid these?" He nods and we walk forward. We walk under a hanging light and past the corpse of an unlucky Bully that go hit by this trap. We crawl under some tables and continue forward. I turn to Mono with a smile on my face. "This is easy."

Click.

     I shove Mono out of the way as a bucket swings past me right where he would've been. I sigh and get hit full force by the other bucket I forgot about. I fly across the room and hit the floor hard.

<-------------------->

     "JAY!" I wake up with Mono screaming my name. He's knelt beside me and I see he's taken his paper bag off. I can see his face. "Mono..." He looks at me and I see tears well up in his eyes. He pulls me into a painful hug and I push him away.

     "Ow."

     "Oh sorry. I'm just glad you're alive! You got hit by a bucket! I thought you were dead." I see tears slip out of his eyes and I reach up wiping them away with my thumbs.

     "It's ok Mono, I'm fine for the most part, my stomach just hurts a little." I lie about how bad my stomach hurts, I don't want him to worry. He helps me up and when he picks up his paper bag instead of putting it back on he shoves it into a coat pocket.

     "I think I don't need this with you." I smile and we continue forward. I have an arm wrapped protectively around my stomach. It hurts so bad. I mentally curse myself for forgetting about those buckets. We walk down the hallway and I look up to see the suspended locker up ahead. I grab Mono's arm and point up to the locker before pointing to the slightly raised board up ahead.