Epilogue

Mr. Nicolas Burns is a man of high esteem. I honor and respect him greatly, and I am without a doubt that he feels the same for me. And I always knew, without a doubt, that I would be his wife one day. And now it was true.

Well, at a moment in time I had doubted. It was after I changed who I was to ensnare him, and when I failed for a moment, I began to wonder if my surety in my matrimony to him was ill-put. Life can be like that sometimes. We are so sure of something one moment and the next we are completely shocked to see that we placed our hope in something out of our own power. 

Enough about my philosophies of life. You probably want to hear about Mr. Nicolas Burns. I mean who wouldn't?

Well, the wedding passed quickly. I could tell you who did and did not cry, but that would be a waste of space and of my time. I am a married woman now. My time is now consumed with ways to annoy Mr. Nicolas Burns. Or try to push him off of trees. 

In fact, in writing this, I've been married for exactly three years now. And in that time, I successfully pushed Nicolas out of yet another tree (he was bothering me when I was trying to read). I've yet to push him off of my desk, but he seems to have too much "dignity to be caught standing on an expensive gift for his wife." His words, not mine.

Nicolas and I also have a child of our own now-- little John Charles (named after Locke and Montesquieu). We fought over John and Charles over and over, so we decided on John Charles--only after fighting over John Charles and Charles John.

Our marriage definitely has its bickerments. We seem to like to tease and bicker. I mean, what better way to spend our "now and forever" together than by keeping each other on our toes? Regardless, I love him and he loves me. We both try to keep it at fun and games before someone gets hurt (and usually someone does). Communication is quite important. 

Speaking of communication, I've heard that my dearest sister has yet another child, making her now have seven children. The two newest additions to the family are Elizabeth Audra and Peter Nicolas. I think they are running out of family names. 

I actually am due for the second child of Nicolas and mine. If it's a girl, I want to name her Marjorie Elizabeth. And if it's a boy, Carter Nicolas. But my husband actually detests the idea of having a boy named after him. What if we named the girl Nicola?

I would update you on the whole single Audra thing, but I think that is a story best told by her and not me. I can be quite the exaggerative storyteller I've been told. Nicolas even calls me an unreliable narrator. Which is somewhat true. I mean, who isn't? We all have world-views that blind us? We all have lessons to learn.

I feel that I learned a hard lesson in the few months prior to the engagement of Nicolas and me. Firstly, I must not try to force my hand or will on anything and everything if it isn't meant to be. That leads me to the second point, I must learn to trust in the Lord and to pray to Him for strength and guidance. I would not have made it through all of that without God or talking to Him. Doing it all in my strength and power did not help me at all. I learned most in surrendering. 

Lastly, I learned that if I do not change, it is no good for me or the people around me. We are all creatures of change since we are not perfect. We must try to polish our faults and back away from our wrongdoings or else we shall never change. I was arrogant and prideful until God came along to show me how to be humble and how to be wrong when I always wanted to be right.

I learned so much, yet the prize at the end of it all was not only how I became a better person but I also got to become Mrs. Nicolas Burns. How exciting is that?

The End.