Chapter Thirteen.

~Dean's Point of view~

The days after Linds' burial were rough. Nothing was the same after that. Marie was depressed all the time, never really talked to anyone anymore. Not even Sam. She just sat in the car, watching the road as Sam drove. Not that I minded, the silence was better then people ranting on over it.

Dad stuck around for awhile, but old habits die hard I guess. Cause he was back out hunting with in a few weeks. He never even told us goodbye, he was just gone one day. Bobby I'm assuming left with him, cause I haven't even heard from him.

Trench coat guy... He's another story. He came and went when ever he wanted. Never really told anyone where he was going or when he was coming back. I'd figured we'd lose him when we started moving... Well more like hoping. But he managed to find us, how? I have no fucking idea. Either way he is one creepy dude.

I spent most of my time driving, fiddling with the radio. Turning it to songs that played in the car, when we were happier. But whose happy anymore these days? No one.

"Earth to Dean?" Seeing Sam's hand wave in front of my face, made me refocus.

"What do you want?" Rolling my eyes I looked down at the plate of food in front of me. Burger and fries, the only good food left.

Taking a hold I brought the burger to my mouth taking a bite. Chewing, I gazed at him waiting for his melodramatic story about some person being plagued by demons.

"I was talking about Lilith, before you zoned out and started drooling on yourself." He ran a hand thru his hair before going back to his laptop.

"What about the bitch?" I asked, taking another bite of my burger. It was actually pretty good, better then most.

"I figured you wanted to go after her." He stated, before sliding his jacket on.

"Why? So we can end up dead, and ruin everything?" I snapped, getting pissed at his comment. Why bother going after Lilith? We'd end up dead and what Linds worked for would all be gone.

"It was just a suggestion." Sam shook his head in disgust as he got up from the table. "You don't have to be such a jerk. Anyways I'm going to check on Marie, ill be back in a few." He mumbled to himself, but loud enough so I could hear.

Jerk? Well he's a bitch. I'm tired of chasing down these monsters, to just turn around and have more pop up. The only gratifying part of this whole job is when you get to stab the fuckers. You can only do it once and their gone, and you are back on the road. It hardly seems worth the fight anymore.

Not to mention, I'm tired of helping people. No one ever helps me out... No one even cares really.

Letting my thoughts drift in and out, I shoved my plate away from me. Picking up the knife I tapped it on the table continually. My eyes watching as the sliver blade hit the table over and over again.

"Mind if I sit? You look a little lonely?" My eyes shot up, seeing a girl with a plaid shirt on. Her hair pulled into a messy bun.

"You might want to get your eyes checked." I glared, slamming the knife down.

"Hey sorry!" She held her hands up in defense. "You caught me." She laughed as she slid into the seat across from me. "I was just informed you got the last piece of apple pie. Figured I tried something to get it." She shrugged.

Pie? There was no pie here? If there was I'm sure I would have eaten it by now.... All I had to do was take one whiff of the air and the cinnamony and appley goodness invade my nose.

Looking down, my eyes fell on a small plate. With a piece of fresh apple pie placed in the middle.

"Well it's not your lucky day, cause I love pie." I smirked. Grabbing the fork and digging right into the heavenly goodness.