Chapter 9

I was a but surprised, but also a bit conscious about it. I checked the text, and you asked if I was too busy to date.

I said no.

You said that you felt like one date wasn't enough, and wanted to go out on a second one. This made me very confused, you said you wanted to stay as friends. But I thought about giving you a second chance.

That was another mistake.

So I did, we talked about it, and decided to go to a boba cafe. The one where one of my uncles worked at.

But for some reason, I wasn't happy.

I wasn't looking forward to it like the first time. The days grew closer, and I wasn't looking forward to it. I didn't want to go. I prayed that something come up and you cancel.

Thankfully, something did.

And for some weird reason, I was happy.

I wasn't happy with you. I was doing fine without you, I was thriving, but for some reason, when you text me, I always come back running.

It wasn't helping. It wasn't good for me.

I remember, I went out with friend 2 that day we were supposed to go out together. They wanted to hangout with me, since they noticed I was a bit down from our discord call the other day. Friend 2 and I had a great time. I had realized that friend 2 and I have been friends for 6 years now. It made me happy that I had a friendship last this long.

I remember getting back home and checking Instagram. You were one of the people's story I checked. You were out with a friend. You had dropped our "date" for someone else.