Chapter 8

I was a fool, an idiot. I made a fool out of myself. It hurt a bit, but since I wasn't really into you, I agreed as well.

So we stayed as friends.

That was another mistake I did.

Since I thought we were still friends, I texted you a bit and sent you reels. But this time, you would just barely like them, or just leave me on seen. Seeing that you didn't want to talk to me, I stopped.

Summer came, and I was now gonna be a junior.

This school year, I wouldn't have to face you, since it was distance learning. I was glad.

You had reached out and texted me about my classes, and asked how much textbooks I was getting. I haven't gotten them yet, so I after I got them, I told you.

We asked each other how the other was doing, and after that, we didn't talk again until you wanted to.

We would mostly talk about our classes though.

It had been a while we had talked.

Summer came again, and you had graduated, and I was now moving to my last year of high school.

I was posting a lot. I was thriving with the people around me.

I went to the beach, took pictures, posted them, added things to my story, trying new foods.

Friend 2 and I recently started hanging out again. I had posted a picture of us, and the captain said, "Spent my day with the best person in the world."

Suddenly, a few minutes to an hour after posting it, you texted me.