22|| Pie

A/N:
Remember to leave your comments xx

I've got you.

His words kept replaying as we laced fingers under the table.

For some reason, that kept me calm. I wasn't sure if it was because he kept drawing light circles with his thumb or he wiped a tear from my eye but I felt somewhat at ease.

"It's been pretty hard for me these past years, but I've been coping.- I admitted; fidgeting with the mashed potatoes and meatballs on my plate"- I expose to my fans what I want them to see so no, they aren't aware of my miscarriage even though rumours go round. Nobody actually believes it."

"I see." Mrs. Washington responded.

"What's a miscarriage?" Mikayla asked her mum. "-yeah, what's a miscarriage?" Miche- sorry, MJ backed his sister.

"Well darlings, it's when a pre-

"Excuse me?" The guy with brown locks interrupted her. "You know we love you Mrs. W- he started, earning him a scowl from her and causing Malachi to facepalm himself. "-but the kids have that really important event to go to in Florida tomorrow, right? I really don't think the definition of a miscarriage is going to help them, ma'am."

"-You know I love you though, Mrs. W."

"Get out of my dining room, Devin." She scowled at him causing us; Malachi, his siblings and I to snicker.

"But you love me...right?" Devin persuaded.

"Don't make me fork you, son." She threatened him, holding her fork in his direction like a loaded gun.

"I think we should go." Malachi whispered to me; grabbing my hand as well as Devin's and pulling us out of the dining hall.

****

"How much more do I need to pay you to keep you mouth shut at family events." Malachi asked Devin, practically hitting his head at this point.

"You pay him?" I asked, interrupting their play session. They seemed like puppies to be honest. Especially Malachi.

My puppy.

What the hell, Lilac?!

"A thousand dollars a month." He confessed. "I need a raise." Devin complained.

Malachi slapped the back of his head "Shut up."

These two could actually pass for clowns. Their relationship seemed solid and I got me kind of jealous considering the fact that I didn't have solid relationships with people except Paloma, Madeline and Blair.

Devin seemed very quirky but also composed when he needed to be. He was good looking as well, but not as much as Malachi.

It was still his hair and eyes that captivated me.

"I should get going now." I told them, as I started walking backwards towards my room.

"Turtle, wait!"

Turtle.

I barely remember the last time he called me that so I did the only thing I could. I turned towards him.

"Take my hand?" He asked, gesturing.

Should I?

Should I not?

What happened the last time I did that?

"Please?"

"Of course."