||30|| Reminders of Her

a/n: Obviously, I've been super inconsistent but like I said, this book will be completed. School's been kicking my ass and finding motivation to write has been close to nothing though despite this, as long as you all stay I promise we're going to get through this. Thank you for all the love and support. Remember, to all those who comment and vote for each chapter, I see you!

Unedited, excuse any mistakes.

...............

My lips crack dry and my arm feels stiff, I blink a few times to orientate my vision then suck in a breathe of air just to make sure I'm still alive. From my vision, I realise I've fallen asleep on the plush couch while the television displays the Netflix logo. I rub my groggy eyes and attempt to move but my action is hindered the moment I hear glass shatter behind me and my bones stiffen.

Preceeding the glass, I hear my brother curse and I instantly stand up, causing left over snack wrappers to fall off my clothes.

Behind me, in the opened kitchen, Liam faces a counter with his phone pressed against his ear. The shirt he has which clings onto his body like a plauge speaking volumes. Obviously, he has no official business today so that's a plus on my side. As I observe him; I notice the way he runs his hand through his hair as the speaker on the other end ticks him off. His jaw clenches and he exerts his weight onto his elbows on the counter as he nods to the voice over the phone.

Till now, I'm not able to disseminate his demeanour until his next stream of words leave me heartbroken "- Loving you was torture and I enjoyed it all too much."

He pauses and rubs his forehead with his hand.

"-I'm so not interested, Ra. I've known you since what? I was six? None of that mattered to you-

"-No, you listen to me. Do you how how much of my ego I put down for you? I told you I fucking loved you, Tyra, and you had the audacity to throw it in my face."

Upon hearing the name of the girl who used to be my friend, I shudder and take the risk of walking towards my brother who still had his back towards me. Despite the fact that I could sense anger radiating off him, I knew he'd never direct it to me.

He continued his conversation, "You stole from me, you nearly embarrassed me in the tabloids, fuck! I should fucking sue you. And now what? You're sorry?" He chuckles, "Tell that to my sister, whore, You were no good for me and I was just too naive to see it. I'll say this once and once more, Tyra. Thank you for the offer, but I'm over you. Call me one more time and you'll be speaking with my lawyer." Liam slammed his phone onto the marble table besides him and flexes his wrist in an exhausted manner.

I gently move closer to him and wrap my hands around his biceps, feeling him tense, then relax as soon as he realises it's me.

"You scared me." He exhales, wiping his imaginary sweat from his forehead.

"Not the point." I whisper, and he turns over to face me.

"How long have you been here?"

I remover my arms around him and point to the couch. He rolls his eyes sarcastically and admits "Figures."

"You're not going to talk to me about what that was?"

For a moment, he thinks then looks back at his phone which probably has a broken screen. Liam decides to look at me and then exhales. "You know that feeling where you think you've got it all but in reality, you have nothing? That's how I feel."