25

Daniel and I had so much fun at dinner. I completely forgot how much I cared for this weird and funny Australian guy. He made me laugh the whole time, and it was nice to just enjoy a casual dinner with him. 

After dinner I went back to his hotel with him where the rest of the driver were staying as well. And right there in the lobby I saw Sav, Carlos, Pierre and Max talking to each other. I looked at Daniel with a kinda scared look, but he just grabbed my hand and smiled which made me feel a whole lot better. 

And then suddenly Sav noticed us. 

"Hey guys" she said giving all the attention to us. 

Carlos, Pierre and Max's faces all lit up and they smiled. 

"Hey" I replied before Max as the first one embraced me in a hug. 

Then he let go when Pierre hugged me and lastly Carlos. 

"I can't believe you're here. We all missed you and Sav so much" Pierre said with his French accent. 

"I missed you too" I said happily. 

"How are you?" Max asked. 

"I'm fine, I think" I replied. 

"We're all so sorry about you and Lando. Honestly, we like you a lot more than Lexi" Carlos said giving me a little smile. 

I couldn't help but laugh a bit and look at Daniel who had an innocent smile on his face. It sounded like Lando didn't tell them why we broke up, in his world of course. And Daniel or Sav haven't told them what actually happened. They just thought we broke up, nothing else. And that was honestly a good thing. 

"That does make me feel a whole lot better. I mean, that girl has been a pain in my ass since the day I met her. No offense" I said making the others laugh. 

"That's understandable. She has been madly in love with Lando since childhood, and seeing you sweeping him off his feet in front of her made her so mad." Max said still laughing. 

We all just stood there laughing and talking about all sorts of things like everything was back to normal. Then Pierre and Max left because they had to do some stuff for quali tomorrow. 

"Well, we should probably head back as well" I said to Sav. 

"Uh actually, I'm staying the night here with Carlos" she said holding his hand smiling. 

"Oh alright. Have fun then" I smirked at her hugging them both goodnight before they left as well. 

I turned around and looked at Daniel. 

"Well I should go back to my hotel then." but before I could leave Daniel grabbed my hand turning me around again. 

"I'm not letting you go back all alone at night. You can just stay in my room. I'll sleep on the couch, and I can drive you back to your hotel tomorrow morning." he said and smiled. 

"Okay, that sounds good. But you're not sleeping on the couch when you have qualifying tomorrow, I'll sleep there." 

"No you're not, I'll do that" he said 

"How about we just both sleep in the bed then? Cause I'm not letting you sleep on the couch"

"Alright. Deal" and then we went upstairs to his room. 

We both got ready for bed and laid in the double bed. We talked for a bit until we both fell asleep. 

______________________

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and turned my head to look at Daniel who had also just woken up by the sound for my alarm. Apparently we had been cuddling all night, but honestly I slept amazing so I didn't really mind. 

 "Good morning Danny" I said smiling. 

"Just five more minutes" he said pulling me closer to him and closing his eyes again. 

"As much as this position is comfortable we have to get up, it's quali day remember?" and that made him mumble something before we finally got up. 

He drove me back to my hotel and I hugged him goodbye before he left to get ready for the race. I went upstairs to my room and took a nice long shower and got ready for the day as well. 

I texted Sav to ask her where she was, but apparently she was already at the circuit

I texted Sav to ask her where she was, but apparently she was already at the circuit. So I quickly got into a cab and made my way to the circuit as well. 

I met Sav by the entrance and she hugged me and told me everything about her and Carlos last night while we made our way to the Ferrari garage. 

"It seems like you guys are going strong, huh?" I said smirking at her. 

"Well yeah... I think I might be falling for him" she said blushing. 

"That is so cute. You guys would be amazing together, and Carlos is so sweet and honestly pretty attractive." I said giggling.

"Alright but what about you and Mr. Australian man?" she said winking at me changing the subject. 

"What? What do you mean?" I asked her. 

"Oh come on. I know all this with Lando has been hard on you, but you and Daniel would make a great pair." she continued. 

"Look, Daniel is an amazing guy. But he's just a friend, and I don't think I can be dating anyone right now" I explained. 

"Alright, that's fair. But I still think you'd be cute together" she laughed. 

We continued to talk until we had reached the Ferrari garage. I told Daniel I would be watching quali from there today, but we all decided to meet up tonight. We even invited Lando as well. I told them I was okay with it, but tbh he probably wouldn't even show up. 

"Charles!" I said while hugging him tight. I hadn't had the change to say hello to him yet, and it was so great seeing him again. 

"I've missed you, Amelia" he whispered still hugging me. 

"I've missed you too" I whispered back. 

Finally we pulled apart, but I was immediately distracted by another person. I smiled when I saw Charlotte standing in the garage as well talking to some of the mechanics.  

"And she missed you too" Charles said laughing.

"Charlotte, hey!" I said behind her. 

She immediately turned around and had a wide smile on her face. 

"Omg Amelia?!" we then embraced each other in a tight hug and laughed. 

We talked about all sorts of things, and not long after Sav joined as well. It was so nice to have my two girl best friends together again. And then it was time for qualifying.