their first encounter

!!!!!warning!!!!!spoilers!!!!!

"....."= person speaking

(.....)= persons thoughts

*.....*=persons actions

hello= what they are reacting to

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Stay up against the wall and act dead, or at least unconscious!' Regis asserted, his voice echoing inside my head.

Ada- "why did you need to do that?"

Y/N- "please wait and your questions will be answered."

I backed up against the wall and fell to the ground just in time to see a column of blue light appear in the center of the room.

Letting my bangs cover my face, I kept my eyes open despite Regis's insistence.

Ezra- "HAHA, you look like a girl in the past, well you still do, wuss."

*Grey glared at Ezra which made him flinch and shut up*

Regis- "awww is our princess upset."

*Grey punched Regis which sent him flying*

As the pillar of blue dimmed, I was able to make out the silhouette of three figures. My heartbeat quickened, excited to see other people here, when Regis berated me, telling me not to even think about getting up.

The light completely faded, leaving only the three figures standing in the center of the room—two males and one female.

Kalon- "Doesn't that look like..."

The larger of the two men was clad in a mixture of plated and leather armor that did little to hide his bulging muscles. He carried in each hand a spiked mace, both dripping with blood that matched the color of his short crimson hair.

The slimmer brown-haired one still was built like an athlete, with broad shoulders and toned arms underneath a brushed-silver suit of armor.

It was the girl that spotted me first with her two red eyes that shone like crystals underneath a curtain of midnight blue—almost navy—hair.

Caera- "Oh that's me, I completely forgot that I meet you back the Grey."

Her statuesque form layered in what looked more like a uniform than armor, turned my way as she studied me.

It only took a moment for the two men beside her to notice me, and when they did, they didn't react nearly as subtly as the woman had.

The larger one swung his mace, splattering an arc of blood on the ground as he approached me, while the brown-haired warrior withdrew a longsword out of thin air and positioned himself between myself and the girl. His sharp eyes narrowed as a soft vibration hummed from his large blade.

I shut my eyes, afraid that they'd see me awake.

Ada- "that must have been very scary Grey."

Kalon- "what I don't get is why you are like that, I have seen it myself you are very strong."

Ezra- "He was probably being a whimp."

Y/N- "since I know Grey wont say it I will say it for him, at the time he was very wounded."

Riah- "are you ok Grey, how did you get injured, it looks really bad."

Grey- "Dont worry that was in the past and I am fine now, about how I got injured I am sure Y/N will show you later."

Shit, what do we do, Regis?

'Stay down! You're no match for any one of these three right now.'

He's going to kill me!

Kalon- "seeing you panic like this feels weird since you always look so calm, but I understand since you seem very injured."

Caera- "I am very sorry me and my guards scared you like that."

'Wait! Don't move until I tell you!'

I peeked open an eye to see the crimson-haired man towering over me.

'Not yet!' Regis hissed in my head.

"Leave her," the girl stated.

'Pfft! She thinks you're a girl!' Regis snickered.

Shut up.

Caera- "Again I am sorry for mistaking you as a girl."

Regis- "Don't worry everyone says that, plus it would be good to knock princess down a couple of notches."

"She might be a threat to us in the lower levels, Lady Caera," the large man warned. "There are those who feign weakness to make us lower our guards."

"Have some pity on her, Taegen. The fact that neither of you were able to sense her immediately means that her mana core is broken," the girl said. "She won't be a threat. Now, let's move. We'll rest in the next sanctuary room."

Kalon- "What do you mean Caera, how could his mana core be broken, he can clearly use mana."

Caera- "I just assumed that at the time but since I have seen his skills now I think he is just really good at hiding mana, right Grey."

Grey- "something like that."

Riah- "I just relized but, isnt that a resting spot."

Kalon- "I thought you said that this was your first ascendance Grey."

Grey- "Well this is my first time doing it on purpose, at that time and accident ended up bringing me there."

*everyone was very suspicious about how he could accidently end up there*

Taegen let out a dissatisfied grunt before turning around, following after the other two.

I let out a mental breath of relief as I began to relax when I saw it. All three of their outfits had purposely left their spines revealed, covered either by chainmail or a thin mesh that I could clearly see through. And running down all three backs, along their spines, were the same kind of runes I had seen on so many Alacryan mages.

Ada- "why are you so surprised by that, it is normal?"

Anger flared within my chest, and immediately, the man named Taegen whirled around to face me.

Kalon- "why where you angry?!

Ezra- "It is probably because his mark his weak and he was jealous."

Grey- "That is close, but I am sure you will get your answers soon, so instead of telling you why don't you just wait and see."

Calm yourself, Arthur, I said to myself.

Time seemed to crawl as the mace-wielder studied me, confused.

"Let's go!" the other man called out to Taegen, and the crimson-haired warrior turned back.

I must've waited for over thirty minutes even after they had left through the door before I got up.

Caera- "again sorry for being like that but, my guards can sometimes get over protective."

Grey- "don't worry about it, I know that you are a high ranked noble and are very precious plus everyone is on guard when they descend."

Y/N- "alright next we will be going into more about the events right before Grey meet Caera."