Chapter 16 - Stand by me

Erik's POV 

I crashed through the ballroom doors and looked straight at Zoey. She sat there on her throne in a baggy black top and a layered skirt that covered her bump completely. 
"Zoey!" I screamed and she looked at me so shocked. The council looked at me and I heard muffled whispers from them all too.  

Zoey's POV 

Erik bashed through the doors of my ballroom and he screamed my name before being held by a few guards. 
"What is the meaning of this?!" The Prime Minister yelled as he looked between me and Erik. 
"Erik, what are you doing here?" I hissed at him. 
"I came to warn you and because I love you." There were gasps of shock and I growled at how things were happening. 
"Warn me about what?" I asked. "Let him go, he is of no harm." I told the guards that had a hold of him and they looked at me before letting him go. 
"Reece is coming here."
"Why?"
"He knows about everything."
"Care to elaborate?"
"He knows that you were watching him and everything else, he wants you dead." I growled at that. The man takes away my parents and now he wants to kill me. He is after me, not just for my Kingdom, but I knew he wanted my baby dead too. "You need to come with me."
"And why should I do that?" 
"He's going to kill you!"
"And I'm safer with you?" I scoffed as I turned to Dimitri and Bogdan who were
beside me. "Tell the guards to prepare for war." I told the boys and they nodded before walking off to warn my guards. 
"You're going to fight?!"
"You don't think I should? I'm Queen and some dog of a King is not going to take that away from me." I said defiantly before turning to the council. "I suggest, members of the council, that you stay here for the time being." There were murmurs of agreement and some worry as the guards started rushing around. "Please Zoey, I want to protect you." Erik pleaded with me and I sighed as my head and heart started to argue. 
"I can protect myself." 
"Who is this?" The Prime Minister asked and we both ignored him. 
"Zoey I am begging you. Just...come with me." I turned from muttering something to my guards back to Erik. 
"I have a Kingdom to run and people to care for..." I said out loud. 'Because of you' I thought to myself. "I will not hide like a coward because some dog is power mad and revenge crazed." 
"Is that how you see me too? Just some dog?"
"You know I don't." I whispered.
"Then come with me, let me protect you." He begged with me and I sighed at him. There was no way that I could leave my people and I wasn't going to be a coward, my father would never have hidden away from an attack, especially one from those dogs. 
"I'll be fine." I said, even though my voice was laced with sadness and tears. I turned to Erik and he growled at me. I stood and started to talk with my head of the guard. We heard a boom in the far distance and I knew that it was a warning that they were getting closer. 
"Zoey, you have to hurry." Erik urged me on and I growled low at him. "Come with me."
"Come with you?! Because of you I have been left a Kingdom to run and I'm pregnant!" I screamed and there was a collective gasp from the council who now started to whisper and hush in low tones to each other. Oh well the secret was going to be out soon enough anyway, i was already 4 months in and these clothes couldn't keep it hidden for very much longer.
"I know and that's why I want you to come with me, Reece is on his way here and he wants you and our child dead, please Zoey, come with me. I'll keep you safe." He begged me as he stood before me in the court room. I wanted to much to be with him but it was because of him and his treachery that I was an orphan at 18.
"How can I trust you?" I asked him and not the court. "You betrayed me. You impregnanted me, left me and then killed my parents through your treachery." I told him and the court got a little tense.
He hung his head low and looked at me. He was so beautiful and it reminded me so much of why I fell in love with him. He had such beautiful medium length brown hair and his eyes, oh those green emerald eyes, made me melt so much. He was so strong and as his breathing moved his muscles, I remembered when those muscles were around me as we lay on that bed in that dingy shack of his as we conceived this child. My hand went to my round bump, which was hidden by the baggy dress I was in and a sly smile hit my lips.

"Your Majesty," A guard said to me as he walked into the court room, cutting off my memory. "There are Werewolves off the south parameter, should we attack?" I looked to Erik who stared back.
"You have a choice, Erik. Stand by my side as my lover and show Reece that I am not a danger or leave and let me fend for myself." Erik looked at me as a howl ripped through the halls of the castle. They were getting closer and he had to make a decision.

Reece's POV 

I assembled the guard and we started the journey to the Kingdom of the Vampires. I made half my army wait by the mountain exit that we went through and I took the rest with me as we got closer to the looming castle in the distance. They knew that we were coming and they armed themselves as we got closer. I needed to get to the Queen, I wanted to make sure that what I had seen was true.  

"Take me to your Queen." I ordered the vampires and they mumbled into the radio before leading me to their Queen. I kept 4 guards on me at all time and left the rest.  

I walked into the castle and my shoes tapped against the black marble floor as I was led into an exquisite ballroom with high, crystal chandeliers that were perfectly lit up. There were tall and high windows, which were covered by long, thick velvet red curtains. Around the room were seats and a lot of vampires were in here, but they were slowly trickling out of the ballroom via the back door.  

At the end of the long ballroom was the woman I came here for. She was actually quite pretty with her long black curls and her mystically dark blue eyes. She was in a baggy black top, but she had her hands clasped together under her bump so I could see she was well into her pregnancy now. She was also in a layered skirt. She was a lot shorter than Erik, who was standing beside her. On her head was a small diadem and it was a beautiful small thing.  

"King Reece," She nodded to me and Erik just stared death glares at me. "I trust you know my Consort, Erik Robertson."  

"I do," I growled. "So you chose her?" 

"She's my mate and she's having my child." I nodded to that and I sighed as I knew that I was no only going to have to kill the Queen and her child, but also Erik now too.  

"How could you chose her over me?" I growled at him as I shifted and attacked him.