Chapter 6 - Hiding out

Eric's cottage/shack ----->

~o0O0o~

Erics POV
This annoying little leech had followed me from my look out spot all the way back to my shack. I really shouldn't have run straight here, but for some reason I didn't sense her at all. It was like she was not there at all and when I turned around, I realised that she was indeed there and that angered me, was I losing my touch?

Annoying she may be, but beautiful she defiantly was. I must be losing it to be thinking that a leech was beautiful, but when she snuck up on me in the woods, she took my breath away in more than one way. Yes, she spooked me, but she was gorgeous and made me stir.
She was in a simple pair of tracksuit bottoms, the same colour as her black tank top, which was tight around her voluptuous figure, and she had on simple trainers. She was a runner and my wolf seemed to like that. Must be the chase. It was her hair that made me think that she came from that party. Her hair was in perfect curls and she had a few strands clipped behind her head, showing off her face, which was really pale and as perfect as crystal. Her lips were a deep red against her skin and her eyes were really mysterious. They were a Sapphire blue and they sparkled in the little moonlight that was there. Her arms were toned and she had this attitude about her, especially when she ordered me away. She protected me from the guards, strange that a leech of the Royal court would protect me from the guards, but then she told me that she had snuck up and I liked the rebellious nature in her.

She came into my shack and she seemed to like it in here. She made herself quite at home as she went over to the fire, which had dimished quite a bit since I'd been out and threw a few logs in before lighting a match to help bring it along. She warmed up her hands and I was at a loss. I didn't know what to do.

"You never told me your name." She said to me as she warmed up her hands and her voice was really soft, sweet and it did something to me.
"Erik," I told her and I don't know why I told her that.
"Well Erik, why live here?"
"I like the woods." I told her as I went over to the kitchen and she followed me. "How do you do that?" I growled at her and she looked at me wide eyed. I thought she was going to cry and something about me really didn't want that to happen, god! What is happening to me?
"Do what?"
"How are you able to be so silent?" I asked her as I turned away and went to make myself some coffee.
"Oh that, it's one of my powers. I have heightened abilities like stamina and stealth, plus I've had way too much blood tonight and I'm buzzing." She said a little giddily as she sat at the small dining table I had in the kitchen. I grunted at her answer.
"Wait, one of your powers?"
"I have...2" She said after a while, like she was keeping something back, but hey, I am too.
"The other?" I asked her as she smiled at me and then she was gone. "Zoey?" I called and then she reappeared in front of me, causing me to jump back in surprise. "Invisibility." I growled as I picked up the smashed pieces of my mug and put it in the bin before getting out another.
"Yeah and yes, I would love a cup of coffee." She said as she sat down.
"Are you not afraid of me?" I asked her as I pulled out another mug.
"Why should I?"
"I'm a werewolf and you're..." I wanted to say leech so much, but I couldn't.
"A vampire, come on big boy, you can say it." She laughed at me and her laugh was interesting.
"I take it you're a born one."
"Yep, just turned 18 too." She said proudly and I grunted at her answer. "You're older than me." She said more as a statement, rather than a question.
"You would be correct, I'm 23." I told her and she nodded as she watched me curiously. "Why do you stare?"
"You're not what I thought a werewolf would be like."
"What did you think I would be like?" I asked her as I handed her the cup of coffee and she cradled it in her cold, white hands. She blew on it and her lips pursed together, making me want to kiss them. Damn, I'm losing it.
"I thought you'd try to kill me the moment you saw me."
"I thought you'd give me up to them guards." I told her and she looked into my eyes. Those blue eyes were burrowing into my soul and my wolf howled at it. She was beautiful and yet, a part of me knew that she was bad news. She was a part of the vampire court and she could kill me. You could do the same to her, you're a part of the werewolf court my mind told me and I told it to go away.
"I'd get in trouble if I did and you've done nothing wrong, so why should I?" She asked me as she sipped her coffee. I saw the hairs on her arms stand up as the heat rushed through her.