Chapter 14 - Queen

I ran and ran all the way back to the castle. I slammed through the front doors to find a few of the troops who had gone with my parents in the foyer, with wounds on their bodies like arrows in arms and cuts on their faces. My breathing got faster as I looked at them and one of them was Bogdan.
"My parents, where are they?" I asked him and he looked at me with sorrow in his eyes.
"I am so sorry, Princessa." Was all he said and I knew what that meant. I went over to my dad's study and trashed it before crying on the floor.

Earlier that morning/evening to vampires

Reece's POV
I left Erik's with the valuable information that I needed. The King and Queen were finally going to be in my sights, they were finally going to be able to be killed and I would finally have my revenge. This was never about Erik and his stupid little Vampire mate, I really don't care about her, I don't mind if she is there or not, but it is the King and Queen I want. You see:

Flashback

I was 19, a young and reckless pup in those days. I was young, free and happy being Prince. My parents were strict on me, but for my own good and I never spoke out of turn.

They told me that one day they were going to a peace summit with the Vampire King and Queen because he didn't want or need another war on his hands, no matter how much he hated the King and Queen. I begged with them not to go. I said that it was probably a trap that those dirty leeches had cooked up, but my father told me that we needed to give diplomacy a shot because countless lives had been lost over something that happened too long ago to even think about.

I watch helplessly as my parents went off with a few select guards to this peace summit. That was the last I saw of them. I got word the next day that the warehouse where it was being held had been bombed down, when I asked about the Vampire Majesties and I was told that they had not gone at the specific time, that they were late and so my parents were the only ones who were killed.

No matter what they say or what excuses they give me, I knew it was the vampires who did this. Their crest was in the remains of the bomb and it has been since then that I have carried the crown with anger. I am going to get my revenge on them.

End

I mapped out the route that they would have to take and called in my best archers. They would have to go through dead man cave drop, which was a path in the middle of two rocks because that was the only way in between both our kingdoms. It was apparently the safest, which gave you the idea that the other areas really were not safe.

"I want you to kill the King and Queen, get the guards if you have to, but it is the King and Queen I want dead." I told the archers and they nodded. I also got in a few guards to take them out on foot.
We scouted ahead and when I heard the familiar sound of horses, I knew that they were coming. I looked and I could see a carriage coming with two guards on horses in the front and 4 in the back, with two on foot.

I watched as the guards on foot created a barrier and made the soldiers stop. They got off their horses to try to move the fallen tree we'd left there and the guards killed them by beheading them and setting them on fire. I smiled and grinned evilly as they died.
"Protect the King and Queen!" One of the guards yelled and I told my archers to shoot, which they did and they shot arrows into the guards. I charged with the guard to the Royal carriage and we pulled out the Queen. She screamed at us and my guards held on to her. They King followed and he drew his sword out at me.
"Reece, what is the meaning of this?"
"Revenge," I growled.
"For the last time, we didn't kill your parents." He told me as I raised my sword and brought it across his.
"I don't believe you and you can't have Erik either."
"He impregnated my daughter."
"So?" I growled as we clanged our swords together and I could hear the screams of his wife as she begged me to let them go. "Kill her!" I ordered, anything to shut her up and while I swung my sword at King Zacharius and he had to watch as his wife was held.
"I love you." She yelled at him as the axe was brought down on her head, killing her.
"NO! Athelma!" He screamed as he tried harder to take me on, but my guards stopped him by holding on to his arms and holding him back. He growled and tried to fight them off, but before he could, I swiped his head off of his shoulders and we burned the bodies together. A few guards of the vampire Kingdom watched as we killed their monarchs and got on their horses before galloping off, no doubt to tell Zofia what I had done. I was happy, I had my revenge.