Part 9

Raman groaned as his phone rang.

"Hello." Raman answered voice sill hoarse due to sleepiness.

"Hello bhai. Kaha hai tu?." He pinched his forehead hearing Simmi's high pitched voice.

"Chik kyu rahi hai, yaar." He muttered trying sit on the bed.

"Mai toh bas puch rahi thi." He could imagine her pouting "Ab Ishita nahi hai toh ghar bhi nahi aayega kya?"

"Mai yehi hu, Ishita ke saath. Wo back mei thoda sprain ho gaya tha toh mai ruk gaya." He effortlessly lied.

"Tu thik toh haina?" He smiled at her concern.

"Hmm." he hurriedly added before she could cut the call "Simmi, sun. Mere liye 1 set causals aur 1 set formals bejhdena. Mai Mukesh ko call kardunga, us k saath bichwadena."

"Tu ghar aajana Mukesh ke saath." Simmi suggested.

"Wo Ishita keh rahi thi, back pain mei yese ride nahi karna chahiye. Mai aaj yehi ruk jata hu." He managed hoping she will buy it.

"Tu rest kar, mai mummy-papa ko bata dungi. Take care, bhai." Simmi whispered before cutting the call.

Raman glanced his phone, feeling little guilty.

Though Simmi is one year younger than Raman, they were more like friends than siblings. True he loved all his siblings equally but Simmi and he had a special bond.

Maybe because he couldn't spend much time with both Romi and Rinki like he used to Simmi, as he engrossed himself in business after his father's first heart attack.

Simmi and raman have always been together from elementary school to high school, from pranking their teachers to sharing their first beer.

He knew all her secrets and she knew his. Hell he helped her elope from her engagement so lying to her made him feel bad. But ultimately he decided not to tell her, knowing well about the teasing to be followed.

*****

"Ishita, Raman favourite food kya hai." Madhivi asked soaking some rice.

"Butter chicken." Ishita replied making faces.

"Vegme, Ishita." She pouted at Vandita's howe tone.

Ishita tried to remember if he had told her. Then only she realised how little she knew about her husband.

True she knew his some favourites maybe he knew hers too, she knew he was lefty but preferred to eat with his right hand, she knew how protective he was about his family but then again anyone who had searched about Raman in internet knew that.