Part 2

Ishita sighed long as someone again covered her face. She never knew sitting on sofa and listening her own praises was so tiring.

"Toshi, bahu tho bohot khubsurat hai." Someone said.
(Toshi, your daughter-in-law is really pretty.)

"Toh Santoshi balla ki bahu hai. "
(After all she is mine daughter-in-law.)

Yeh log sach keh rahe hai kya? Mai sachi mai aachi lag rahi hun? Hoga sayad. Kya tu bhi Ishu, sab yese hi bok rahe honge. Ab kisike ghar jaa k yeh thodi k sakte hai ki aapki bahu batsurat hai.
(Are they really telling the truth? Am I really looking good? Maybe. What Ishu, they must be formally saying so. After all you can't go at someone house and announce your daughter-in-law is ugly.)

Ishita zoned out.

"Ishita." Simmi slightly shook her, "Drink this juice, you must be thirsty."

"Thank you." Taking the orange juice inside her long ghoogat, she gulped down in one breath. Only then she realised how badly she needed to use the washroom.

"Aree Raman." someone said. Feeling the shift of attention, she pulled her ghoogat a little and signalled Simmi for washroom, before running toward her room.

*****

"Haas" leaning against the washroom door she closed her eyes "main toh thaaak gai bhaisaaab."
(Uff, I am so tired.)

Admiring her sense of humour herself, she opened her eyes only to gasp loudly.

"Aap kab aaye?" She asked her husband standing one hand apart from her.
(When did you come?)

"Jab tum thaaak gai thi." He mimicked with a smile embarrassing her.
(When you were soo tired.)

"Kaise kar leti ho yeh?" He slowly moved toward her.
(How you do all this?)

"Bas yese hi. Mera sense of humor hai hi itna aacha." She managed trying find the non existing distance between herself and the door.
(Just like that. My sense of humour is that good.)

"Etna khubsurat kese ho sakta hai koi!" Softly tugging her hair behind her ear, he added without minding her comment.
(How can someone be this beautiful!)

"Stop me, stop me..." He chanted giving her a fair warning before leaning toward her but she stood still not knowing what to do.

Ishita gasped feeling his lips on her, giving him the entrance he wanted. His hands on her waist, messaging it softly.

"Raman" she managed between his assault.