Chapter 34

I have to admit this chapter is kind of lame and boring. Next one will have a Dramione moment in it. A very awesome Dramione moment.

Also just watched "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" and holy shizz that movie is just amazing, beyond words. Emma Watson was kick @$$ in that movie and the rest of the cast was well chosen and Spectacular! I want it on Blu-Ray!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rome knocked on Hermione's door as loudly as he could without attracting attention to himself. Draco and Theo were both still in the common room talking. Rome was lucky that he was quiet enough to sneak into Hermione's staircase unnoticed and was able to go through it. He was repelled last time.

He knocked again but there was no answer. He was still shaking. However his attempts were all to no avail. Hermione hadn't returned to the dorm room after supper the other night. She had spent the rest of the day with Harry and after supper slept in the Gryffindor tower, bunking in Harry's room considering that she was no longer a Gryffindor herself and Harry's roommates all went home for the winter break.

They had talked all night about everything that had happened in their lives. They recalled old memories and reminisced. They felt so old, but they were still so very young. All that they had seen and all that they had been through had aged them many years. They were worn but they still had many more challenging battles ahead of them.

Rome finally taking the hint that Hermione wasn't coming to the door sighed to himself. He wanted to tell her everything before he left, before he ran away. He honestly liked her. She stood up for him but he couldn't ignore the fact that she was a muggle born, a mudblood. He was instilled with the belief that they were scum. But he never truly felt that way, he always thought of them as equals.it also helped some that Hermione was not only brilliant but super hot as well. But he couldn't let his father see his weakness.

He stealthily made his way back down the staircase, past the laughing Draco and Theo, and into his room. He grabbed his things and headed towards a secret escape he had found earlier in the year. He hadn't been at Hogwarts long but he already thought of it as his home. It was surprising how attached he had come to this place in such a short time. And now he had to leave it. He didn't know where he was going, but he wasn't going home or staying either.

With one last look around he vanished and was gone.

-----------

Hermione began to stir in her sleep until her eyes finally fluttered open. She blinked a few times adjusting to the little bit of sunlight trickling through the windows. She had almost forgotten what it felt like to wake up to golden light rather than green. She loved the chambers but she missed the towers so much more. Her heart ached at having to be separated from the House she had been in since first year. Yet she was also grateful that she had the opportunity to experience what the Slytherins and chambers were truly like.

She slowly sat up, thankful that she was warm and toasty under the bed sheets and comforter. The sunlight streaming in also helped thaw the cold that was in the surroundings. She glanced at Harry's bed and saw him peacefully asleep. She was glad no nightmares troubled him, he had lived through and experienced enough in his life.

She got off the bed quietly as to not disturb Harry and wake him from his slumber. Her naked feet touched the freezing stone ground and she shivered. She stood there motionless for a moment as she adjusted to the temperature. She then made her way out of the room, however instead of going to the bathroom she got sidetracked.

She walked down the stairs towards the common room, watching as everything seemed to glow as the sun's light caressed its surface. She never took the time to really take in the details and beauty of the Gryffindor tower. She found herself standing in the middle of the common room. The fireplace was nothing but red embers.