Chapter 27: Lilies

Happy Halloween Everyone! Enjoy this chappie!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

“Can someone explain to me what in the bloody hell is going on?” Ginny asked as she rubbed her temples and squeezed her eyes shut tight. Harry gentle rubbed her back in comfort.

Harry glanced behind his shoulder to see that Theodore and his lot were drinking butterbears but Draco had disappeared.

“Well it turns out that Theo and Hermione were pretend dating to get a laugh out of it. Draco got angry for unknown reasons, Hermione stormed after him when he up and left. Then he came back without Hermione, apologized to his mates, said that Theodore wasn’t dating Hermione, and then up and left again,” Lavender said leaning more towards Harry and Ginny’s table.

Ginny however still disliked Lavender and ignored her. Harry noticing this smiled kindly at Lavender in a sort of apologetic way.

“Why is Hermione being so difficult lately?” Ginny asked Harry.

Harry wanted to say something, tell her everything, but he held his tongue. He promised Hermione he wouldn’t tell anyone and that meant Ginny. He always kept a promise.

“She’s just going through a rough time right now,” Harry decided to say, he wasn’t lying and he wasn’t breaking his promise.

“Stupid Ron,” Ginny mumbled.

“I am right here you know,” Ron grumbled in reply. Ginny however just shot him the evil eye.

“If it weren’t for you Ronald, Hermione wouldn’t be a complete mess. It’s because of you her life has been flipped upside down,”

“I said I was sorry,”

“Sorry doesn’t cut it Ronald,” Ginny hissed, her eyes flaring.

She loved her brother, she truly did, but he was such a daft idiot at times. He never thought things over before jumping into it. He was impulsive and rash, he had no brain. It was always do or die for him. Sometimes she loved that about him other times she loathed it. It was because he was so impulsive and stupid that he cheated on Hermione. He just seemed to ruin everything and Ginny was getting sick of it. Though she knew she shouldn’t blame her brother for everything he seemed to be the easiest target. Who else was there to blame? Draco?

Ginny didn’t even understand Hermione and Draco’s relationship. Half the time they hate each other and the other half they seem practically inseparable. She honestly wanted to know what in the bloody hell was going on. She knew relationships were difficult but Hermione and Draco took it to a whole new other level.

An ex-Gryffindor and a Slytherin, a “Mudblood” and a pureblood, a Granger and a Malfoy, it seemed so alien. Everything about them together gave Ginny the chills. Yet she had never seen Hermione so happy as when she was with Draco. She had never even seen Draco laugh wholeheartedly or crack a genuine smile as when he was around Hermione. They seemed so wrong for each other, but at the same time they just clicked, they fit together like a puzzle.

Ron didn’t know what to say or how to reply. He didn’t even know how he felt at the moment. He was confused, angry, frustrated, and sad. All those emotions swirled within him. He didn’t understand why he constantly had to make a mess of things. He was so close to getting Hermione back, so close, and then he had to go and screw it all up.

Ron looked down at his Butterbeer, not too keen on having a full on argument with Ginny. He was tired and he knew Ginny was too. Holding a grudge sure did take a lot out of someone. He wished things could go back to the way it used to. Before the war, before Fred’s death, before everything, back to when everyone was happy, peaceful. Ron wanted that so bad, he could cry. Bitter sweet memories they were. Sweet because they were full of love and laughter and bitter because he knew it would be impossible to get it back.