Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Hermione’s POV

October 24

I dropped my bags on the floor of my living room and ran up to my room. I then instantly went to my bed, plopping down on my back and staring at my ceiling. As much as I loved the West Coast of America, nothing could compare to the comfort of my own home. I closed my eyes and smiled, I was home! I was actually home after so many months. The last time I was home was maybe before... I started Seventh year? Maybe even longer than that. It’s been so long that I couldn’t even remember.

When my parents dragged me away on our family vacation we didn't come back to our house. We instantly just got on the plane, my clothes already packed thanks to my mother. All I knew was that I was gone for too long. I looked to my left and saw the familiar picture collage on my wall, right above my study desk. I smiled at it, looking at all the pictures of when I was younger, remembering all those memories I made with Harry and Ro-

Anger swelled inside me and I felt my body heat up, my eyes blazing with uncontrolled fury. My hands began to burn and instantly my desk and cherished collage were engulfed in green blue flames. I tried to cap my anger, but I couldn't. I tried to breath through my hate, but it was no use. I sat up trying to control myself, but instead I just got angrier and the flames got bigger, continuing to grow as my rage did.

I stood up, clenching my fists, hoping that it would help stop the flames and my surging anger. I growled in frustration, and the flames leaped to my dresser than to my bed. Smoke began to surround me but still I couldn’t get a grip on my anger. I tried to breath and calm myself like how my dad taught me, but it wasn't working. I tried to clear my thoughts but that too didn’t make a difference, if anything it made the flames grow bigger.

“Breath, Mistress. Let it all go, don’t keep the anger in, just let your powers flow.” Aimé told me, appearing at my feet, he encircled me and began to glow as white as his scales.

I then felt my body relax and my breathing return to normal. I felt the heat drain from my body and the fire leave my eyes. I crumbled to the ground, exhausted and weak, as Aimé continued to circle around me, still glowing white. In a flash of green, Aimé laid at my feet, shaking, if that were possible for a snake. I reached out to touch him but pain engulfed me, I cried out in anguish. Reminding me so much of the first time I felt the excruciating pain. My body began to convulse and torturous screams escaped my lips.

Six days later- October 30

I opened my eyes, feeling just as horrible as I did the first time I transformed. The only difference was that it wasn’t as painful as last time, but it was only slightly less painful. My bones ached, I was drenched in sweat, my head was throbbing, my eyes felt like someone had clawed at them, and my throat was raw once more. I looked around the room and saw that I was in the guest room of our house. I then forced myself to sit up, thankful that I still had some strength in me. I cleared my throat, finding that it ached as much as the first time.

I looked at the window and saw that it was dawn. The sky was still dark but the sunlight was starting to shine through, and brighten up the dark canvas of the sky. I laid back down, not wanting to wake my parents up, i was sure they were sleeping. I was also sure that I wouldn’t be able to stay in that sitting position for long. Just then i felt the end of my bed dip. I looked towards the spot and saw a familiar orange puff ball.

Crookshanks slowly walked over to me, purring. His chubby face looking irritated, most likely because I hadn't seen him for well over three months. His wet nose touched my cheek and I couldn't help but laugh softly. My right hand snaked up to pet him and he began to purr even louder. I scratched behind his ears and his eyes closed as he continued to purr.

I then curled up with Crookshanks in my arms, being comforted by his purrs and warmth. I snuggled my face into his fur and fell asleep.