You Noticed The Calm Before The Storm

A special training session began. It was called Hashira Training. Those who ranked lower than pillars trained with them one by one. Usually, the pillars would only train with their 'successors/Tsugukos' and no one else. And that's because hashiras were busy. They had many things to do, like protecting their assigned regions, gathering information on the demons, and improving their own swordsmanship. But ever since Nezuko conquered the sun, the demons suddenly stopped appearing. You liked to call it the calm of the storm. And because you of that, the Hashira only had to focus on night patrol and day training now.

First, Uzui does the initial hazing via basic stamina training. Then Kanroji Mitsuri handles the hellish flexibility training, and Tokitou Muichirou deals with the quick movement training. Then the Snake pillar focuses on sword skill revision. The wind pillar handles the infinite pounding training, and the Rock Pillar trains muscle reinforcement. Even the pillars get to improve by facing waves upon waves of swordsmen. If anyone's heart rate and temperature get high enough for the mark to appear, then everyone wins. Those who already have the mark will train so they can continuously stay in the marked state. Once every member of the demon hunters received this information, they all became motivated to prepare for the upcoming fight.

"Ah, Shinobu! You're back?" You asked as you and Kanao looked at her.

"I'm going to train with the wild pillar now." Kanao said and Shinobu nodded.

"Okay." that's all she said.

"I'm starting my pillar training now." You said and rubbed the back of your neck. You and Kanao looked at each other. "And we know what you said before but..."

"We were wondering if we can revive training from you after we're done with the rock pillar?" Kanao said as she looked at you both.

"I cannot participate on this pillar training session." She said as Kanao was shocked.

"Eh-Why though...?"

"Kanao. Y/n. Come." Shinobu gestured to sit in front of her, as she has her annoyed face on.

"Oh god, please save us Kanao." You asked as she blushed.

"Uhh... err, we just want to train with our master." Kanao saved our asses as Shinobu smiled.

"... Kanao, you've really come around. Being honest with your feelings is a good sign... and Y/n, you're finally finding the right path for you. Maybe this is a good time." Shinobu said as you and Kanao looked at each other with confusion. "The demon who killed my sister, Kanae. How about I tell you both, how you can kill it."
.
.
.
You walked with Kanao out of the room with silence. She trailed behind you as you spoke. "Kanao."

"Y-Yes?" She asked as you stopped walking, which forced her to stop.

"The final act is coming. And when the time comes... I'll need you to do what I say." You said as she didn't understand.

"Y/n, what do you-?"

You turned around to look at her with your demon form activated. You took out your claws. "I have a feeling, Muzan's gonna pull a big move. So I need you to trust me when that time comes."

Kanao wasn't scared but nodded with a serious face. "I understand. I trust you."

You smiled and turned off the demon form. "Thank you."