You Lead The Way

"I beg your pardon... but may we take that basket..." Tanjiro said standing next to you. You still had white hair but your demon ears were hidden from your hair. "And a little straw and bamboo?"

"We don't mind...." The man said as you started digging in your pockets. "...But the basket has a hole in it.""

"That's alright, I'll pay for it." You said and took out some money for it. The man raised his hand.

"No need. It's a broken basket." He said as you sighed.

"Just take the money." You said a bit stern.

"No it's fine." but the man shook his head.

"JUST LET ME PAY FOR IT, DAMNIT!!" "WE DON'T WANT IT! WHAT A STUBBORN KID!!!" He shouted at you and you grabbed his wrist pissed.

"YOU'RE GONNA TAKE THESE COINS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!! DON'T MAKE ME SHOVE THESE UP YOUR ASS!!!" You slammed your coins on his hands and walked away with some of the stuff.

"OWWWWW!!!" The man shouted as Tanjiro ran after you with the remaining stuff.

"Sorry! He means well!!" Tanjiro shouts and runs after you. Since the murder, Tanjiro's notice your change in attitude, and your appearance. You get annoyed and pissed pretty easily, raring to fight, ruthless...he wondered if his old friend was gone. Nevertheless, when he did catch up to you, he saw you calling for Nezuko.

"Nezuko? Nez...?" You looked deeper only to not see her. "NEZ?! SHE'S GONE!!"

"WHAT?!" Tanjiro shouted as Nezuko suddenly popped out of her hole. "THERE SHE IS!!"

"She dug that hole? It wasn't here before we left so that's the only way it could get there." You thought as you looked at her expression. Her face was all scrunched up. "She doesn't want the sun to hit her. If what Giyu said was true, then she would burn up. But he also said that I should've burned up the minute I was born. Is it becasue I'm mostly human or is it because I gained resistance to the sun?"

You clenched your fist. "There was no point in thinking about it now, right now, protecting Nezuko and Tanjiro is my priority."

"Just wait, Y/n. Can you help me?" Tanjiro asked and you nodded. You both started to work on a basket, but even you were confused.

"Tanjiro, I don't think she's gonna fit in there." You told him with your arms crossed.

"We don't really have enough material to change the plan." He said as he looked at Nezuko. "Will you fit in here? I want us all to travel during the day. Me and Y/n will carry you."

"..." Nezuko didn't say anything and just looked at you.

"The basket, Tanjiro wants to see if you can fit." You said as Nezuko tried getting in, but of course, she was too big. "Hey, Nez. Why don't you try shrinking instead of turning big like last time?"

Nezuko stood up and hopped in the basket, she started flopping her legs around as you quickly held the basket. Soon, she looked at you in the basket. "NICE WORK, NEZUKO!!"

"That's perfect! I'm impressed!" Tanjiro headpatted Nezuko as you looked away. You felt a tug on your robe to see Nezuko holding it, like she's expecting something.

"I'm not doing it," You said as she just started at you. "Fine..."

You gave her headpats and she sunk into your hand. Night came rolling around and You were seen with Tanjiro as you carried the basket. A mother is seen in front of you both with her child. "To get to Mount Sagiri, you first have to cross that mountain. The sun will set soon, and he's gonna carry that huge load? It's dangerous."