You Create Something New

There are a few hundred members of the Demon Slayer Corps. The organization isn't officially recognized by the government. But it has existed since days of old and still hunts demons today. However, the identity of the leader of the Demon Corps... is shrouded in mystery.

Demons. Staple food: Human. They kill humans and eat them. It is unclear when or where the first appeared. They have impressive physical abilities and their wounds heal quickly. They can reconnect severed flesh and grow new limbs. Some demons can change form. Others possess strange powers. The only ways to kill them are by exposing them to sunlight or by cutting off their heads with a special sword.

The demon slayer corps fight demons face to face. They are human so their wounds heal slowly and lost limbs do not return. Nonetheless, they fight demons in order to protect ordinary people.

"You might be the first exception to this, Y/n." Urokodaki kept explaining to you and Tanjiro. "I am a trainer. Just like it sounds, I train swordsmen. There are many trainers in different places, they use various training methods. In order to joint the demon slayer corps, you must survive the final selection at Mount Fujikasane. I decide whether you may attempt final selection."

You are seen jumping down and up the mountain.

Starting today, Tanjiro decided to write a journal for Nezuko. I told him it was stupid but then he beat me in a battle, so now I'm forced to write my own. Today we have to desend the mountain again, this tiresome training is hard, but it's to make sure we don't die during the final selection.

You are seen leaping over traps down your path. You leap in the air to see a log coming at you and clocks you in the chin and sends you flying back.

I go to up and down the mountain to avoid the traps but Urokodaki is doing something to my path. I swear sometimes there are new traps on my path. My nose and hearing is shaper than ever, but...

You dodge what seems to be knifes by dodging behind a tree. Once your behind the tree, a log comes flying at you again which forces you to duck before running again. You saw a pit of knifes and leaped over it only to get hit by a log again. "GAHHHH!!!!"

He's trying to kill me! I swear he's trying to kill me because I'm part demon! Speaking of which, I have no idea how to use my demon abilities. I guess all I've got is an extra pair of ears, which are basically dog ears, and a more flexible body. I'll see how this will help me, but do I even have any demon energy to draw out?

You land on the ground and grip the ground. You spit out some blood in your mouth and push yourself off the ground.

Today, Urokodaki let me bring Tessaiga with me down the mountain, I quickly learned that it didn't do much to help me.

"TAKE THIS!!!" You shouted and sliced a log, only for three more to hit your body and knock you back to the ground.

I think I'm growing a hatred for logs now. Once I get down my side of the mountain, I have to swing my sword due to Urokodaki's instructions. Urokodaki goes from one side of the mountain where Tanjiro is, to my side all the way across. For an old man, he's very skilled. I have to swing my sword until it's second nature. The first thing he taught me was that a katana will break easily, lengthwise is fine but it can't handle force from the side. When you swing a Katana, you must attack straight ahead. The direction of the blade and the direction of the force you apply must be exactly the same.