And The World Goes On

12th January 2015

"Yo, Oikawa! It's been a long time!"

'Who are you again?' "Hey! It's been a while, huh?"

"Oikawa-kun! It's nice to see you again,"

'We don't even talk to each other,' "Nice to see you too~"

"Hey, Oikawa! We should hang out more. Haven't seen you in a long time,"

'Don't act so friendly with me,' "Sure! But you know me, I'm always so busy with everyone~"

'Why am I even here?'

'It's suffocating,'

'I can't see their faces,'

"'Sup, Shittykawa. You don't look that much different from before,"

Upon seeing Iwaizumi's face, it feels like someone just drags him out of the ocean.

"Iwa-chan! I miss you!"

Without missing a beat, he affectionately hugs Iwaizumi who looks irritates but gently pat his affectionately, "Yeah, yeah, I miss you too. It hasn't been that long though you dork. We talk on the phone a lot,"

Tooru laughs. He didn't realize how much Iwaizumi helps him to stay grounded, to never lose himself. Calling Iwaizumi and having him beside him feels different. The whole time he was at the university it feels suffocating. It feels like he was living inside someone else's skin and walking with a stranger's body.

"It's just different though. I have so much to talk to you about! Also, I need to know more about this girl you've been talking about!"

Iwaizumi blushes as he averted his eyes, "I told you that she just looks cute! And—she's really kind..."

Tooru smirks, "Sure, Iwa-chan,"

The world keeps on moving. They have a lot of new stories to tell and people to meet. People keep on evolving whether it's for the worst or the best.

Yet Tooru's mind is stuck on the thought of the blue-eyed boy who couldn't grow up.

All alone with no one besides him.

***

"Tooru! How long are you going to sleep? How much did you drink last night?"

Tooru blearily opened his eyes to see his mother looking down on him with her hands on her hips. Her hair is shorter now and even though she still looks younger than her age, Tooru can see her weary eyes and the slight wrinkle at the edge of it.

"Mom...?"

She huffs and crossed her arms, "I haven't seen my son in a long time and he didn't even see me when he come home last night,"

Last night?

"You were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up," Tooru found himself speaking before his mind cleared up.

"I still want to see you as soon as possible. You didn't come as much these days. It's like you're still avoiding something..."

Tooru stiffened as he takes a look at his surroundings. The two glasses of drink; one empty and another full, the framed picture as well his still unpacked bag. He looks at his hand and unclenched it.

The volleyball strap that looks worn out. And there's only one of them.

"You shouldn't stay in your room all day. I know that Miyagi hasn't had the best memory for you but it will be good for you to walk around, no? And Hajime is here too, isn't he?"