Happy Birthday, Dearest Deceased

26th December 2009, The body of the missing Kageyama Tobio was finally found after he went missing since 15th December.

Kageyama Tobio was reported missing after he failed to return from school from his usual volleyball practice. For 7 days, Miyagi was in mourning for the missing Kageyama Tobio who would turn twelve in 7 more days. On 22nd of December, the body of Kageyama Tobio was found in the storeroom of the Kitagawa Daiichi's gym.

There are multiple signs of struggle, signifying that Kageyama Tobio was taken forcefully the day he was alone in the gym. Police also reported signs of sexual assault towards the boy.

Now, Miyagi mourned for the brutal murder of the would-be twelve-year-old Kageyama Tobio. Currently, there are no suspects.

***

December 21st, 2017

Oikawa Tooru hated winter. It's cold and the snow makes it hard to walk. And for when he wears his glasses, it would easily fog up. Usually, he opted to use his contacts but he accidentally woke up late thanks to the comfort of the warm blanket and forgot where he put his contact lens.

He hoped spring would come soon.

Entering the Izakaya, he was greeted by the loud voice of his high school teammates. Ever since they went their separate way in college, it became harder to meet with each other but somehow, they manage to find the one day where they are all in Miyagi and free to meet up. Tooru cheerfully greets them and ignore the taunts from Matsukawa and Hanamaki at his messy hair and his glasses. Nice to know that some people never change.

"Iwa-chan! Long time no see!"

Iwaizumi grins and return his hug. They went on their separate way after high school but their connection never wavers. Though they rarely met, they would often call each other and it's almost as if they never separated. Though Tooru does miss the physical contact with his childhood friend. Tooru sat next to Iwaizumi after the excitement ends.

"Never thought that your appearance would get worse after all these years, Oikawa!"

"Mean! Iwa-chan!"

Tooru pouts before he broke into a laugh as the others joined in as well, remembering the many times Iwaizumi would tease him while Tooru would whines until Iwaizumi hits him.

He had missed this.

Sure, he had many friends while in college but his high school teammates but there is always something special with his high school teammates.

"Kindaichi! Nice to see that you've finally got rid of that turnip haircut!"

The others laugh as Kindaichi blushes and ran his hand on his short hair. Kunimi is smirking as he playfully jabs Kindaichi. Iwaizumi stood up as he held out his drink.

"Now that our fashionably late captain is finally here, we can finally start. Kanpai!"

"Kanpai!"

The glasses clang as they said their toast. With that, they all started drinking and the chatters start. That day, it feels like they have returned to being a mere high-schooler, talking about everything and nothing. On who's in a relationship as well as who's tying the knot.

At this, Tooru deflates a bit. Though he dated around a lot, he never seems to find the right one for him. Men, women, no matter who it is, it's as if something is missing in their relationship that makes Tooru unsatisfied and his partner always seems to notice this eventually, hence the breakup.