17- from, your father

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!                       — endless her

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!
                      — endless her

"The snitch needs me or it's going to die."

JAMES POTTER WOULD LIKE TO SAY HE KNEW EVERYTHING. Did he, oh most definitely not. He was actually quite stupid but he had a big heart and a brain that got him through Hogwarts and allowed him to be an Auror, so sure, he did okay.

He still said he knew everything. This also applied to his son, Harry. He would like to say he knew everything about Harry since he was, of course, his father. Unless his beloved wife had an affair with a man that looked just like him, yeah Harry was his son.

James Potter would also like to say he knew everything about love. He absolutely did not, however. He crushed over the same woman for most of his Hogwarts life and completely regarded her when he once again met Ember White, now Potter. And sure, maybe he did write this whole 'breakup game' plan down on a piece of parchment that was later discovered but still!

So since James liked to say he knew everything about his son and love. Oh boy did he know that his son was smitten. Okay, maybe not yet smitten but merlin-god-damn, let him have his moment! When they were younger it was an ongoing joke that little Harry fancied little Valerie and now it's actually happening!

This was huge news.

Sirius couldn't find out, though. So, instead of relying on his best friend on the whole wide world ( sorry Remus and Peter ), James set off to find his son. Which, surprisingly wasn't very hard since it was their last day until they arrived at Hogwarts and Harry was spending the most of it. He did that by playing quidditch outside.

One problem, however; Valerie and Sirius would both be with him.

James put on his detective-esque glasses and a very large trench coat he found at the bottom of his closet and went out the backdoor. Not going unseen since Ember, Peter, Remus, Hailey, and Erick all gave him odd looks.

Halfway through the back door, Ember snapped her fingers, directing James's attention to her instead of his very thought-out mission. "What are you wearing?" She asked, looking to Hailey who just held back a snicker.

"Ember, for today, only today, your dad is dead." James notified her in the poshest voice he could muster up. "If Sirius, Valerie, or Tristan come in here, start crying. Do not ruin my plan or we will be getting a divorce."

"James, you are aware your plans are usually ass right?" Ember said, raising her eyebrows. Being married to the man for about nineteen years definitely had its perks. She had learned a lot about him, including how every genius plan he made usually ended horribly.