8- revelation

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER EIGHT!                       — endless her

CHAPTER EIGHT!
                      — endless her

"I saw someone die."

SHE THRASHED WIDELY IN HER SLEEP. Valerie was no longer in the comfort of her reality she lived day to day in. Once again she had fallen deep into her mind and the act was not easy nor was it comfortable.

If she had visions they always occurred in dreams but on an occasion, she would begin to live in the moment, not just see it from a third-person view. They weren't often in dreams, more so just at random points when she is triggered by something relating to the vision she would have. Like when she saw Onyx, they were speaking about the murderers.

Visions like these occurred rarely, but when they did, they pained her.

Pained was a strong word to describe it.

As Valerie fell deep into her slumber, her fingers would begin to tingle, the first sign of her vision. Instead of fighting it, she would almost be forced to welcome it. Her head would begin to hurt like a thousand needles and the world itself would pause as she fell into her vision.

White, that's all she saw. Most likely her eyes getting used to the light- if there was any. Her ears began to ring with the change of scenery. As this new world fell into place, she felt herself begin to walk. The ground was hard; tiles.

She could hear people talking- about what, she didn't quite know. Voices were fuzzy and it was hard to make out the voices at the beginning. She was also cold, it overtook her body in most places.

Valerie living through someone began to walk. With each step she began to focus more on the world she was thrown into. The grass was damp and the air was sticky; evidence of rain. Maybe others had watched the rain fall outside their windows and would pretend the raindrops falling down the glass were racing. Maybe some little children had gone out in yellow rainjackets and jumped around in the puddles.

"Oh hello, sir! Can I get you anything?" A woman asked, her voice hazy. Valerie had leaned it would take a while for voices to become common nature again. Her hearing may not even have the opportunity to turn back to normal before she wakes up once more.

She stepped in, handing a galleon to the woman with red hair. "A hot chocolate, please?" Valerie- well, not exactly Valerie- asked. The woman nodded and went behind the counter as she began to make the beverage. "Oh, and mam?" He called out and she looked up, curiosity in her eyes.

They say curiosity killed the cat. It was such a weak statement, simple words that were seen as a child's theme; a reason to not go outside during the rain or get too close to the hot oven. Maybe if the woman didn't look up she would be alive. Maybe if she goes to work that day she would still be alive.