6- Potions project

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER SIX!                       — endless her

CHAPTER SIX!
endless her

"She had biscuits Hermione- biscuits!"

IF THE WORLD ENDED TODAY, SHE WOULD CRY ABOUT HOW MANY YEARS SHE SPENT IN POTIONS CLASS. Valerie was never a good reader- not until she was fifteen and Remus forced her to read one book that completely changed her view on books from how good it was. Ah yes, Pride and Prejiuce. Whilst it was an old one that nearly everyone on the planet has read, it opened her eyes to the wonderful world of writing.

Because of her reading problem, she was horrible in class. She didn't understand the complex scribblings and would often mix up the ingredients- only to be scolded by Snape. Even if she did get better as she went on, Valerie still hated potions- even if it was easier to read the way-to-long recipes to just make a little bottle of liquid that could do something special. She, Will, and Hermione trotted down to the dungeons where Professor Snape would be teaching. Slughorn retired after the wizarding war and lily took over for a few years. None of them actually had her for their potions professor, however since she quit only two years before they started Hogwarts, leaving Snape to teach them.

Valerie still resents Lily Evans for that.

Oh and was he horrible. The man was very prejudiced and it seemed he only cared about himself. He especially hated Valerie and Harry since they were the Marauder's children, and worse... Gryffindors. How scary, right? Seventeen-year-olds being hated by a forty-year-old man.

"I don't want to go, Hermione!" She fake wailed and hid her face in Will's robe. "You can't make me go into that room. Snape will boil me alive!" The girl dramatically groaned. Will shook his head and chuckled, ruffling her already messy braids. She lazily slapped his hand away. "Not now, William Butthole. I am going through so much pain."

Hermione shook her head. Though, she did understand the girl's deep hatred for Snape- not a single man in the school enjoyed him one bit- she also knew Valerie couldn't rely on the Black fortune and being a seer her whole life and needed the potions help. She was indeed a menace at it... it was truly a wonder of everyone in their class how she was able to get into the NEWT classes.

"C'mon, Val! You need to go." Hermione ushered, pushing the girl through the dungeon door. She groaned and reached a hand out for her boyfriend who just chuckled and kissed her forehead before going to si with his friends so she could sit with hers. They had a few classes together- both of them being Gryffindors- but they didn't sit with each other in most of them except Astrology.

Hermione plopped herself and Valerie onto the stools that surrounded a square table with various caldrons and ingredients on it. Harry and Ron took notice of the two girls. Whilst Harry gave them a little wave, Ron furrowed his eyebrows and asked them, "Well, what took you so long? I think I aged five years."