Untitled Part 37

Elaine laid down on the couch as Jaimie was settled upstairs and asleep. Elaine was texting her now girlfriend, Mitzuki. They've been talking for about two weeks before making it official. Elaine wasn't ready to come out to her parents. Mizuki hadn't even come out as pansexual to her parents but she honestly didn't want to. Elaine sent texts back and forth to Mixuki and herself.

E: hey babe! How are you feeling? Anything new?

M: I just finished up my shift at work. I feel tired but I'm good. How are you?

E: I'm doing good. I just picked up jaimie and now she's settling in her room and sleeping.

M: that sounds good! How's Jaimie feeling?

E: Yeah! They're feeling good. I think they're having some anxiety, but I think that's normal.

M: It is definitely normal for her to need some time to adjust. Hopefully she'll be good soon. I think their favorite animal is a unicorn, whenever I saw them for their checkups they had a unicorn shirt on.

E: I noticed that. She also likes hello kitty and sanrio which is amazing because josie loved hello kitty too as a kid. That's what we decided for their room theme!

M: maybe, but I think I'll come over to visit for tonight if you'd like me to.

E: Yeah! That sounds like a good idea to me! I'll see you soon.

Elaine set her phone down and laid back for a moment before starting up the tv and cleaning up the kitchen. "Hmm, maybe I should set up some candles. It smells in here." She said to herself, then got a lighter and set the candles down on the table and one on the coffee table in the living room. She gathered a few sets of wine glasses and set them on the table and poured them some wine. She heard the doorbell and went to the door and opened it, seeing Mizuki there with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" She asked, pulling her into a hug. "Are you okay?"

Mizuki shook her head. "I... just hit my head on the car door, I feel so stupid..." she said quietly as she cried into Elaine's chest. Her forehead was covered in blood but Elaine didn't care.

All Elaine cared about was that her girlfriend would be okay. She just held her until she led her to the living room. She had her sit down and went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit and the peroxide.

"Okay, I'm going to clean you up." Elaine said as she sat down beside her and set the bag down and opened it. She took out some cotton balls and opened the peroxide, soaking a cotton ball with the peroxide.

She began spreading it on the blood that was smeared on her head. She set the cotton ball down and rubbed her girlfriend's hand gently. "You're going to be okay." She wiped the tears off of her cheeks. "I'll make sure of it."

Once Mizuki was comfortable, Elaine set up and got some soup for her girlfriend. She set it down on the coffee table. "Here. It's cold out." She watched as her girlfriend ate. She knew she was cold and she was going to help warm her up.

While she waited for her to finish her food, she set up the fireplace with chopped wood. When she turned around, Jaimie stood there with her hello kitty plushie in her hands. "I had a bad dream." The girl said.

Elaine picked the young girl up and carried her to the couch and set her down. "Here. We're all going to watch a movie and get some blankets on as we watch the fire."

Mizuki set the bowl back down on the table and got up for a moment. "I'm going to go change into clean and not wet clothes." Elaine nodded and watched Jaimie.

During the movie, Elaine felt a hand on hers. She turned and smiled at her girlfriend. Jaimie was asleep on her lap, her hair in curls and her Hello kitty clenched tightly to her chest. She smiled as she ran a hand through the child's hair. She kept comforting her and her girlfriend. They were watching Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer as it's a cute kids movie. She always loved watching Christmas movies and she was excited for Josie to be released to come home on the next Monday. It couldn't come soon enough, she thought.

— — —

The day Josie was released from the hospital, she had two suitcases, two bags of clothes, and a set of blankets. One of her suitcase was full of formula for her feeds. The other had her bags and the pump, her books and art supplies, and her stuffed animal.

Elaine walked up to the desk and smiled as she looked at Josie who looked so much healthier. She had color to her face and she seemed so much happier. The medications were finally working for her and they were able to get the right medications for her.

Josie walked with her cane to the car and opened the door, setting her backpack and her bags and suitcases in the back. She got into the van and closed the door. "I'm so happy to be coming home, Elaine. Well, mom." She said softly as she watched Elaine come into the drivers side of the car.

Elaine started the car and began driving home. "How was your treatment?" She asked.

"It was good. I learned ways to manage my alters, my anxiety, and somewhat of my depression. Carter isn't as violent anymore, well not as bad." She said as she looked out the window as they passed the many businesses and stores.

Elaine smiled and nodded. "Sounds like a good thing then. I'm glad it's been better now for you. I also have a surprise for you when you come home." She said. taking care of Jaimie who was sick with a cold.

Josie smiled happily. "I hope it's a good surprise. All of your surprises are different."

Elaine smirked as she pulled into the driveway of their house. She got out of the car and began taking the bags inside.

Josie took her time and went down to the basement to take her stuff inside. She had a box on the floor by an IV pole that is set up. It said 'Josie's Feeding Tube Supplies from home health'.

Footsteps made her turn to see a young girl, Jaimie. She was shocked. Her mouth dropped and she quickly kneeled down and hugged the girl tightly. "Jaimie! I didn't know you were going to be here! Are you staying here?" She asked.

The girl nodded. "My room is Hello Kitty. Elaine says it was like your old room but I like it."

Josie blushed and nodded. "Yes, it was. I love Hello Kitty, still do." She smiled and set her back down. She didn't mind this at all. This change was new and she knew it would take awhile before things would get more stable. She knew it would take time to get used to this situation. Jaimie left the basement and went upstairs to her bedroom and sat on her bed, playing with her doll.

Josie began to open her suitcases and bags, starting to put the clothes away and setting up her supplies. She had four drawers. One for the bags, another for the formula, then one for the tubing supplies. The drawer that wasn't used was closed and empty.

Once she had everything cleaned out, setting up her tube feeds. She poured the formula into one of the bags, hanging it up on the IV pole, then priming it to the pump, pushing the purple end into her J portion of her surgical tube. This was so much easier than a tube in her nose.

Josie laid down on the cold bed and pulled out her phone, writing down the number of her best friend, then putting it in her phone. She knew she wasn't discharged from the hospital so she didn't even try to message her. Saige was literally the bestest friend she had ever met. She understood everything together of them.

She teared up and sniffles as she quickly wiped the tears, rubbing her eyes as she tried not to cry. She wondered what her life had come to. She knew she had alters when she was young, but she didn't understand them at that time. Now that she knew how they are and who does what. She still had a notebook of all the chaos that was in her head in her backpack. She just sighed and rubbed her head. Once she laid down in her bed, she was out and asleep once again.

The dreamland that she dreamed was a place where she could see all of her alters. They were all sitting at a long table in a room that looked like an office conference room.