Josie Is The Most Specialest

Josie was so excited to be having another off-ward day. She was waiting for Elaine, her mom, to arrive to pick her up. She was getting her cane and sweater on when she saw Elaine in the corner of her eye trying to spook her. "Nice try. I saw you when you got behind me." She giggled and looked at Elaine.

"Ah, at least I tried. Anyways, today we're going to go furniture shopping with Jaimie. They're in the car right now watching a movie. Are you ready to go?" Elaine had a surprise for her.

Josie smiled and nodded her head as she stepped outside and went with her. "Do I at least get to choose the bunk bed we have to share?"

Elaine got into the drivers side and started the van. They drove off towards the direction of the main highway. Josie glanced out the window as they drove, watching as they passed by each and every business and store from Chicago.

Josie heard her pump beeping so she grabbed and opened her backpack, trying to stop the noises. Eventually she got it and fixed the bag to adjust to her pump. "Why is this so hard? Why is it so hard to be a normal teenager.

Elaine sighed. "I know it's hard right now, but you're going to be okay just like Jaimie. They've been settling well at home since last night."

Josie smiled and turned back to look at Jaimie. "I guess you're right." She sighed and zipped up her backpack and set it at her feet on the floor.

Jaimie was stimming quietly until they got to the furniture outlet store. It was rather big store. Josie liked it but it was a long way to make it to each aisle.

Elaine grabbed a cart and set her purse down. She carried Jaimie and put them on the seat on the cart. (Short and small). Jaimie hadn't grown since they were ten years old so they were only barely heavy enough to avoid a booster seat. Elaine got one anyway for safety reasons.

— — —

Josie and Jaimie were exhausted when they got home. They had found the perfect set of couches for the living room. They were relaxing and Josie was hooked up to her feed while Jaimie and Elaine ate popcorn. They were watching Tangled. It was Josie's favorite one. She still will watch it all the time. It's a beautiful movie.

Josie couldn't wait to go and sleep in her bed that night. She didn't want to move the next morning because she felt awful. She wished she could be more helpful.

Elaine held Jaimie's hand when Josie had to go back to the ward. She honestly wanted to stay home and not go anywhere. Josie felt anxious and as soon as they got there, she sees familiar faces and one that she's never seen before.

She saw this new patient she didn't want to fall with them yet. She had an appointment with her provider. She went to his office and sat down.

"I have good news." The provider said.

"what is it?" she asked hesitantly.

The provider smiled. "You are being discharged in ten days as you are making more progress than we thought you would make and were so proud of you. You keep fighting even though it's tough. That's what is so special about you."

Josie blushed before handing her some papers. "I need you to fill these out. They're scales to see how bad you're depression and anxiety is. Lap put your name and rate the severity. If you need anything and/or you finish the paper, give them to nurse Jackie."

Josie nodded and left the room, nearly jumping up and down from excitement. She couldn't wait to get out of here it was quite boring. She only had her journal and a blanket of her own because she was one of the youngest here. She didn't know what to do honestly as she was always tired and didn't have the energy to do anything.

When the nurse came into Josie's room, Josie handed her the paperwork and nurse Jackie set up her feeds for the evening. They had added electrolytes and her feed together. She was grateful not to have a tube in her nose. It made her so insecure but she didn't have to deal with that anymore. She was doing way better than the first time she got to the psych ward.

Josie sighed as she closed her eyes and laid back down. "Could I take a nap? I feel like shit." She said as she moved her hair.

"Sure, just let us know when you're awake so we can give you your meds." Jackie replied. She looked at Josie with a bright smile and handed her some hand sanitizer to use. "I finally got you some. I had it get it from the doctor."

Josie began to wash her hands excessively with the hand sanitizer and she almost wanted to drink it because her borderline thoughts were kicking in. She couldn't control how fast her mind was going until she realized she was asleep and only dreaming.

Hands touched her skin slowly as she could smell the scent of alcohol on his breath, the shaky hands he had. It was overall disgusting. She hated it more than anything. She hated when he did this.

Most of the dream was not remembered when she woke up. She was shaking when the nurse tried to calm her down. She didn't know where she was and she was panicked that he was here.

"Josie, breathe. It's okay. You're safe. You're going to be okay." Nurse Jackie hugged her gently and Josie held onto her.

"He was back and he kept hurting me and trying to kill me. I don't know why he hates me so much." Just then, Josie switched to one of her trauma holders. This time she couldn't tell who it is and just went with the flow.

"I know, it's okay. You're safe here. I've got you." Josie just kept crying, not knowing she had been screaming before she woke from her nap. She closed her eyes and tried to calm down.

"How about we write some letters for the other patients since you're leaving soon." The nurse suggested.

The girl nodded, following the nurse to the tables where she was given paper and a few different colored pens.

I want to draw and color. I don't want to do this! Alice said in the headspace.

Josie ignored her and began to write personalized letters for each patient in the ward who she had made friends with. She included her phone number in case she needed to be contacted by them when they got out of the ward as well. Each one was put into an envelope and given to nurse Jackie. The nurse held onto them and placed them on every desk of the others' rooms.

She didn't realize how simple it was to be a teenager until she noticed a dark spot on her pants. She groaned as her abdomen was killing her. She got up and rushed to the toilet where she began profusely vomiting, her trauma hitting her like a ton of bricks. That's when she knew what needed to be done.