Seizures? Oh, I'll Be Fine

The night was on. It was now Halloween and they were having a Halloween party. Josie was going to be a doctor for Halloween so the psychiatrist helped Josie get the coat and scrubs from downstairs from the second floor. She also had some other items. She had the stethoscope. She wore scrubs and the coat and went to the common room to wait for everyone else.

Unfortunately, Josie still had the holter monitor, but thankfully it was mostly hidden. She was grateful for that part as it's been hard hiding it. She hated it as it was really itchy and uncomfortable and the sticky parts kept coming off.

Josie and Saige met up at the table next to the art room. "Hey what's up Saige?" She asked.

She wasn't herself, but one of her alters who just shrugged, not looking at Josie.

Josie frowned. "Is something wrong?" She asked her, looking at how she was acting with her body language. "You seem quiet today."

Saige turned and disappeared into her room.

Josie sighed and got ready for their trips around the hospital for candy and treats. She was excited, grateful this was happening. She needed a change of pace. Something to make her feel like she had actually accomplished something.

Josie just felt like she was actually being someone instead of being locked up in the psych ward where she couldn't really do much but beware of the staff members 24 hours a day.

They went around the ward and collected candy from the hospital and put them in their cubbies. It was very short, lasting about an hour at most and by the time they were done, Josie wasn't feeling well at all and needed her cane to get to her room, not able to move fast enough to get to her room. She eventually got there but Leo wasn't in the room. Josie was too tired to move.

Josie got her toiletries and got ready to shower, undressing. She stepped into the area of the shower and turned it on, it burning her skin. "Shit!" She said as she moved and pressed the other button. "Oh thank god."

The nurse knocked on the door. "You okay?" 

Josie replied. "I'm good."

Josie washed her hair and body quickly, trying to get her hair to rinse out the shampoo and conditioner that they actually gave her.

Josie finished up and grabbed one of the tiny towels they had and wrapped her hair up in it, then put another around her waist as she started to dry up.

She stepped out of the shower and then went to get dressed. She wore a sweater around her as well, covering her frail body and pale skin that she hated looking at. She was thankfully gaining weight, but Carter kept gnawing at her about not eating and telling her to purge. "No Carter."

Sarah the nurse stepped in as Josie finished getting dressed. "I have your meds. Nurse Jackie got it for you." She said as she reached and grabbed at the end of the GJ tube. She pushed the meds and was careful not to agitate the site, gently cleaning the site around the tube. "I think your stoma is looking quite nice. Much better than it did before."

The nurse hooked up her feeds and smiled as she watched the young girl get back in bed and fall asleep. Sarah was the day nurse and she had just started her shift recently so it had been short so far.

Josie walked around with the IV pole and looked around as everyone was doing their own thing. She felt alone and sad because Saige was in isolation and was out of control due to a medication reaction. She's been acting weird nowadays.

Hey Josie, wanna do something crazy? A voice said in her mind. She didn't recognize it until she switched completely to Ghost.

Xe stood there with a throbbing headache as xe walked around with the IV pole. Xe needed something to do. They all were busy but xylem.

Josie switched back to her body and then collapsed as her vision faded and her head hits the floor and she passes out.

A nurse ran in and took her blood pressure, trying to make sure she's okay. Nurse Jackie was there with Sarah, attending to the bleeding on Josie's head. The nurse looked at Josie's feeds and poured some water in the bag with it to see if it'll help Josie pass out less often.

They had to take her to the ER, hoping to find out why she's having seizures so often. They take her to a room and get her set up with her. She was in and out of consciousness when the doctor came in and ordered an electroencephalogram. They wanted to see what kind of brain activity is going on and why she was passing out so often.

— — —

Josie was grateful for the appointment and urgency of the matter. They had rushed to get the electrodes on her head and hooked her up to the monitors. She was dizzy and her head was throbbing. She began to get a bit nervous about the situation. "What's going on? Why am I here?"

You're here because you keep passing out. The voice felt far away.

Her eyes closed again and she began to seize, a few nurses running in to keep her safe and to not get hurt. They had her in the EMU; the epilepsy monitoring unit. It was important that they caught the events in person. They needed to figure it out because she's getting injured way too often. This is when the doctors discussed a wheelchair. They weren't a hundred percent sure yet. They needed to figure it out soon.

Dr. Richards walked into the room. "So... this looks like a tonic-clonic seizure. Get some lorazepam." He told the nurse, writing some notes down on his clipboard. The nurse pushed the lorazepam into the IV. Then flushed the line, resetting the pump for fluids.

Josie eventually came to, unsure and unaware of what was going on. "Why am I here?" She asked, not remembering anything.

"You're staying overnight at the Saint Monte Hospital. You got transferred from the psychiatric hospital a few miles away so we can do an EEG."

Josie groaned. "Oh... I'm probably going to be okay." She mumbled as she messed with her hair drowsily. She felt scared and alone. It was hard to watch everything happen all at once.

She fell asleep after a few minutes as she hurt everywhere and felt weird and tired. She knew she'd be okay. Everything had to be okay.