3 1 | c l o s u r e

f a a r i s •

Because of Noor, we had to sleep at my parent's house today and now it's about 1 at night and she was still busy gossipping with Mom. What more does she have to say to her? She has literally been talking non-stop since the morning.

I didn't want to stay here because this house reminds me of Usama. But because of Noor's persistence, I decided to do it and now I was regretting it. She was out there gossiping with Mom and I was all alone, with a constant headache due to avoiding some particular thoughts.

When I couldn't wait for her any longer, I finally decided to text her. "It's getting late. Come back and sleep." I said.

After few seconds, the phone beeped. "Why?" Her reply came.

"What do you mean by why?" I typed.

"I mean, why are you waiting for me? Go to sleep." She texted back.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes while typing and then tried to go back to sleep. In the past month, I had grown used to having her by my side while I sleep. Although I couldn't touch her, just her presence was enough to calm my heart. Not for her, apparently.

Few minutes later, the door to my room opened and Noor walked in. She looked around the room, analyzing it with her keen eyes. "So that's your bachelor pad?" She asked.

"Yeah. How was your gossip session, by the way?" I snarled.

"Great." She passed me a snarky smile and then sat down on the bed. "I don't have anything to wear." She said, staring at her uncomfortable dress.

"Should've thought before deciding to spend the night here." I murmured under my breath.

"If you don't have a solution Mr. Humayun Shah, you can go back to sleep." She said.

I shrugged and put my arm over my head, closing my eyes. A long pause later, I felt her lay down beside me. "There are my old clothes in the cupboard. You can wear something from them." I added.

"Thank you." She said and hopped out of the bed. The bathroom door opened, she stayed inside for few minutes and then the door opened again. I took my arm off my eyes and gave her a longing glance.

Her petite body was being engulfed in my large trousers and T-Shirt. Unbelievable. She looked like this even in my old, loose pyjamas. Now I was sure she could wear a sack of potatoes and still walk around like a dream.

While she did her skincare routine, I struggled to stop myself from imagining her underneath these clothes. The vivid images going through my mind were definitely not good for my sanity. That's what happens when you protect your virginity for 26 years of life just so you could lose it in Halal way, and then your wife doesn't even want you romantically.

F my life!

By the time she made her way to the bed, I had fortunately calmed the frustrated hormonal part of me. I turned around to face the other side and closed my eyes when I heard her voice.

"She was talking about him." Her meek voice came.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Usama." She whispered. It has been ages since I heard his name from her mouth. Or maybe just few days but it still felt like ages.

I rolled over in my position to face her. She was lying on her back, with her eyes staring at the ceiling.

"And then she started crying. And I couldn't cry with her because it would have made her cry harder." Noor said and a trail of wetness streamed down her cheeks.