2 5 | q u e s t i o n s

• n o o r •

I started my day with stealing a book from Faaris' library. After spending half day with the book, I called his driver to take me for some grocery shopping. On my way back, I took a walk in a nearby park and breathed in the fresh air of Seattle.

After coming back from outside, I cooked Chicken curry for dinner. This time, my roti didn't get burnt and its shape was almost round. Proud at my accomplishment, I patted myself mentally and then went to take a bath.

I was in a good mood today so I felt like dressing up in nice clothes. I chose the floral maxi I had accidentally ordered online without thinking if I'll get a chance to wear it outside. Curling the ends of my hair, I applied a little makeup and made my way downstairs.

As if on cue, the door to the apartment opened and Faaris walked in. Without realising my presence, he made his way to the couch and collapsed on it. His hair was a mess, as if he had run his fingers through them multiple times, and the top buttons of his shirt was undone. Exhaustion was clearly written on his face.

Shaking my head, I poured water in a glass and made my way to him. "Assalam o Alaikum." I said and placed the glass in front of him.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam." He said and that's when he finally noticed me and his eyes took notice of my preparation. His mouth opened momentarily but it took him few seconds to finally phrase his thoughts. "Are we going somewhere?" He asked.

Rolling my eyes, I walked away from him. "No. I just felt like dressing up." I said and turned on the stove.

After a minute or so, I felt him appear behind me. His masculine spicy scent enveloped me as he leaned over my head and looked into the pot. "It smells good." He whispered and his deep voice hit straight in my ears.

I angled my neck to stare at him and found him towering over me from behind. "Go freshen up. I'll set the table." I said and walked past him to the refrigerator to take out the raita.

He disappeared for about ten minute and during that time, I set the table and took a seat on one of the two chairs. When he returned, he had changed out of his work clothes into trousers and a black T-shirt that was stretched over his torso. I hate to admit but black colour looked great on him.

He took the seat opposite to me and served some curry in his plate. I did the same and got busy in enjoying the food.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Good. Yours?" I asked.

"Good." He said. I nodded and focused my attention back to my plate.

°°°°°°°°°°°

• f a a r i s •

'Say something idiot.' My inner voice said to me.

'But what?' I asked.

'Anything.' That voice replied.

"I had a meeting today." I said.

'That's the best you can come up with?' The voice clapped.

"Oh, okay. About what?" She asked.

"Finances." I said. "Just boring stuff."

"Oh." She said.

'Loser.' The voice said.

"I went to park today. There I met an old lady who lives next block. She was really nice and she said I could visit her anytime." She told me.

That's a start. Take that, inner voice.