5 | l a h o r e

• n o o r •

I decided to take Faaris to the food street that was famous for traditional Pakistani foods. This place wasn't the most hygienic place to eat but the food here was to die for. This area had many different stalls and shops selling different food items and a common seating area.

The whole drive, I kept my mouth shut because I had already embarrassed myself enough in front of him. He obviously didn't like having a conversation with me because I was probably too immature for him. In his mind, he must be cursing the day Usama agreed to marry me and make me a part of their family.

"Here." I said once we reached the area. He parked the car in one corner and then I led him to the seating area. I watched him from the corner of my eyes and found him glancing around with a frown.

Does he ever smile?

We sat down on a corner table of the crowded area and I looked around. In front of me, Faaris was busy analysing the cleanliness of the table which made me chuckle.

"Have you had dinner?" I asked Faaris.

"No." He said.

"Me neither. Bhai, one Chicken Karahi with Roghni Naan please." I said to the short, chubby man who was here to take our order. "We will order the rest later."

A group of young girls sat down at our right and they giggled shyly once Faaris threw a glance towards them. I couldn't blame them. Faaris was quite handsome for someone with such a dry personality; the perfect mixture of Pakistani and American looks. Usama could easily blend in with us Lahori citizens but Faaris would definitely stand out.

Faaris spent the rest of the time on his mobile, blatantly ignoring me. Rolling my eyes at his rudeness, I pulled out my own mobile from the bag and texted Usama to inform him about our little outing.

Usama: Seriously? Faaris in food street?

Noor: Yep. We are planning to eat Gol Gappay

Usama: I'll kill to see that. Is he frowning right now?

Noor: A little

Usama: Knew it.

Noor: Okay, the food is here. Bye.

Usama: Bye, love. (。♡‿♡。)

I chuckled at his emoji and put the mobile back in my purse. One waiter put the huge Karahi pot in the middle of the table and another brought Naan, raita and a jug of water.

After they left, I served some Karahi in my plate and tore a bite of the naan. Scooping the curry with the soft naan, I brought it to my mouth and my eyes closed as soon as the familiar taste hit my taste buds.

"What?" I asked Faaris who was still staring at the pot.

"Is this whole pot just for us?" He asked.

"Yep." I shrugged.

"Um..." He gulped. "Don't they have some sort of salad here? It looks too spicy."

That's it.

Extending my hand, I served a spoonful in his plate. "At least try it first." I said and then tore some Naan for him. "It's not that spicy."

Ignoring my own food, I watched him with focused eyes to make sure he eats it correctly. His nose was scrunched and a lock of his dark hair was falling on his forehead. Now that I noticed, he had really high cheekbones and a strong jaw, the kind of jaw only TV actors and models have here. We Pakistanis aren't the fittest in the world, thanks to our delicious but extremely greesy food.