23: GHOSTBUR

━━ GHOSTBUR WASN'T SCARED.

At least, that's what he tells himself

He stands next to Phil as Eret finishes up the last few details of his shrine. It's quite a pretty-looking thing. It was constructed using blue wool, lapis, and gold. The L'manberg flag hung from the center, paired with TNT and brewing stands. Too Ghostbur, they had no significance. There were even two buttons in the top corners.

Buttons were important to his living (well, dead) counterpart. Him, not so much.

Eret walks up to the flag, dropping some water into the hole in front of it.

"What's that?" Ghostbur asked, stepping closer.

"It's Sally," Eret replied.

Ghostbur frowned, "Hello Sail-e. Who is Sail-e?"

Eret shakes his head, looking to Phil for an explanation.

"She was," Phil coughed, looking to you awkwardly. "She's Fundy's mom. Wilbur's first love."

"She's a fish," Ghostbur deadpanned.

"That's not the real Sally. We're not sure where she is."

Ghostbur is still as confused as he was before. Since when was his counterpart into fish? Ghostbur may not know a lot, but he was confident the human species had not yet evolved to crossbreed.

"Why isn't (Y/N)'s Fundy's mom? Wouldn't that make more sense?"

"I think that would actually make less sense," Ranboo mumbled.

"But if Alivebur loved her, would he not want kids with her?"

You almost choke. Kids? Never. Ever. If you were dead certain on anything, it was probably that.

"I don't understand. Why is she a fish?"

"She's not," Phil interjected, before sighing. "She wasn't a fish when they met. It was a potion, a one-night stand, and he didn't realize. The next day, when he went to visit the docks, there was a basket with a little boy inside."

"Fundy?" Ghostbur questioned.

Phil nods. "It was a gift to Wilbur from Sally. At least, that's what Sally thought. In reality, it was a son."

Ghostbur nods his head. "I see." He sort of understood, but it didn't make the idea any less strange. At least Alivebur didn't screw a fish... well, a fish fish.

"How did you know?" You whisper to Phil.

"He mentioned it in his first letter to me," The elder answered. "How did you know?"

"I never asked," You said slowly. "He told me after the festival. I was so shaken after Tubbo and his outburst with Tommy that he just told me stories about his past until I fell asleep."