18: NIGHTMARE

━━ EMPTY

Perhaps that's the only way to describe it

There was nothing left.

Nothing but himself, and he should be okay with that.

He's not.

He can't sleep, can't breathe, can't live. He keeps thinking he'll wake up, but it appeared as though he never slept.

"Tommy, let's be villains."

"For Tommy to be exiled from this nation."

"You're never going to be president."

"You're a liability. You need to leave."

"Drop your stuff, Tommy."

The voices drowned out everything. He wasn't sure if his nightmares were worse, or if reality was. They felt the same. He didn't know the difference anymore. All of it was just one big nightmare. He had nothing. He was nothing. Tubbo was gone, Wilbur was gone, Phil was gone.

You were gone.

But Dream wasn't.

No, Dream always visited him. He used to think Dream was his friend, his best buddy. And now he feels stupid.

He used to think the people of L'manberg were his friends, but none of them showed up to his beach party. They left him alone. No one cared.

Dream didn't care.

He was so tired of it. That's what he thinks as he looks to the sea below. There's a slight breeze that tugs at his shirt, pushing him forward. All he has to do is take one step.

Step off the edge.

One-step and all the pain would end. All the suffering, the anger, the crying, none of it mattered. The stupid compass around his neck didn't matter; Tubbo had destroyed his. He could end the nightmare.

But he wanted to end Dream.

He wanted to hate Tubbo and everyone that had left him. But he also wanted to know the feeling of being with them again. The feeling of peace.

Peace ends with Dream.

Tommy takes a deep breath and takes a step.

...

"I miss him."

"I do too."

"I don't regret it, but I question it."

"Go see him."

"Do you think he wants to see me?"

You sighed, meeting his eyes. "I guess there's only one way to find out."