13

krown's perspective:

Beep... beep.. beep...

Hospitals were one of the worst places for me; I've always hated them. I'm always in some type of pain when I visit a hospital. They're always so noisy, filled with the shouts and cries of desperate people, the squeak of shoes, and the annoying beeping of machines. They smell bad too; the strong anti-septic smell burns my nose.

But today's visit wasn't so bad. The beep of the machines wasn't as irritable as it used to be; the anti-septic smell was fainter and less angry. The shouts and cries of desperate people were replaced with a soft hum of background chatter. Everything was okay.

"Krown, did the doctor check your arm? What did he say?" I looked up. Teddy Jin was standing there with a bag of medical supplies. "They gave me this for your arm."

I smiled and stood up. "Yeah. The doctor said my arm was dislocated, but it will heal in about 6-12 weeks. It depends on how many physical rehabilitation exercises I do." I stopped and scanned Teddy's face. It was still littered with scratches and scrapes. "What about you though? Those scratches could scar."

"It's fine. You needed medical attention more than me. I'll just use the first aid kit at my house; it's okay-,"

I interrupted his rambling. "Teddy you've done so much for me. it would be ungrateful of me to just ignore your injuries." He's done so much for me today. I need to do something for him, it didn't matter how big or small. "Let's go to your house and I'll help you treat your face."

"You don't need to..." Teddy started nervously, but I stood up and looked him straight in the eye. "...Okay, let's go."

We started the walk to Teddy's house. It was silent as we walked side by side, stealing occasional glances at each other. Every so often we would make eye contact, but it ended in both of us turning away shyly, faces ablaze.

"Uh, we're here." Teddy stopped in front of a red door. He fumbled in his pocket for his keys until he found them and unlocked the door.

Teddy's house was nearer than I expected. Most guys that live by themselves are messy and unkempt; I know that from experience. His couch was a light beige, the carpet a darker shade and the walls a bright white. There were picture frames hanging on the walls and balancing on shelves and tables. The people in the pictures were all smiling and laughing. His house looked so homely. It makes me miss my family.

"So should we do it here?" I asked, setting the bag of medicine and bandages on the floor, next to the couch. I had taken off my shoes at the door because if this was my house I wouldn't want dirty shoeprints all over my clean floor. I mean I spend a lot of time cleaning and I would be livid if I had to redo it all.

Teddy didn't reply. I looked at him. Teddy's face was on fire. Not literally but it sure looked like it. His cheeks and ears were flushed with blood and he was avoiding eye contact with me. Why was he blushing? What had I said? What had I done?

"Oh my gosh." I whispered to myself. "Teddy, I meant should I treat your injuries in the living room or the kitchen. Not that." My face flushed a little at the thought of Teddy's thought process.

"Yeah. Okay. The living room sounds better." Teddy made his way over to the couch. I felt it dip when he sat down. I took some antiseptic wipes and a few plasters from the bag and set to work.

"Just sit still. It's going to sting a little."

donald na's perspective:

"Hello. Kingsley, what's the situation over there?" I walked down the halls of the school I was going to be attending. Eunjang High School: it wasn't an amazing school, but it was okay enough.

"Donald. G Squad were all knocked out. The guys reported it was by a girl with auburn hair and a guy with yellow hair. One fractured jaw, five black eyes, six teeth knocked out and a broken arm."

"Yellow hair? Kingsley look through the Eunjang High School student admissions and see if you can find anyone with yellow hair. I have a suspicion that the might go here." I knew it was a big expectation for a girl to beat six men, but I wanted to see if it was really her. She would never back down from a fight.

"I figured you would ask, so I already looked at the files. It seems there is a student in the same class as Krown with yellow hair. He sits next to her and his name is Teddy Jin. Grades are average and it seems that he was kicked out of Phillip Kim's group. He was beaten by the White Mamba. That mean-," I remembered something key that I was pondering over the other day.

"The White Mamba goes to this school. I might have an idea who it is already. Thanks Kingsley." I hung up the call and got into my car.

The White Mamba. Teddy Jin.

Krown Kwan.

Who knew time was so favourable upon me?