12

krown's perspective:

My eyes slowly fluttered open, allowing the harsh sunlight to flow through. I winced, because of the light in my eyes and the unfathomable pain pounding in my head.

I felt sweaty, hot and cold at the same time. What was this? What the heck had happened?
I tried to prop myself up with my arms, but there was no luck. My right arm felt weird, almost like it had been disconnected from the rest of my body. I used my left arm to prop myself up instead, however, my body lacked so much energy and strength. My left arm couldn't possibly hold all of my weight in this state. 

"Krown? Are you awake?" A raspy voice started next to me. I followed the direction of the voice with my eyes, only to see a mop of yellow hair.

Yellow as in the colour of daffodils, not as in blonde. The only person that I knew of that had this kind of bright yellow hair was Teddy Jin, but that's ridiculous. Why would he be here? In fact, why am I even here?

I turned my body as cautiously as I could, to make sure that I didn't cause myself any more pain. It was Teddy Jin. His eyes were that mysterious dark blue colour, the colour of the sky when it's about to rain. His hair was out of its usual low ponytail, and in the way of his face. His skin was littered with scratches and scrapes; the biggest one near his mouth was bleeding. His lips were...

"Krown? Are you okay? Why are you-," Teddy's voice brought me out of my trance. I found my eyes staring into his dark blue ones. I felt my face flush with heat, only because his cheeks were flushed as well! I have never averted my gaze quicker. 

"I'm good." My voice croaked out of embarrassment and because I was thirsty. I cleared my throat under my breath. "What about you?" I found my eyes wandering to his scratched face again. 

"I'm alright. It's a miracle we could beat all of them." Beat them? Who did we beat? I shut my eyes to try and bring forth the memories of what had happened before I passed out. Frantic, panels of fighting and pain come rushing back to me. Oh. What the heck was I thinking?!

"Yeah, it is." I breathed out, trying not to let my guilt and panic show. Because of my stupidity, we were both in pain and stranded in the middle of nowhere. Actually... it isn't completely my fault. Most of the blame should be directed to Phillip Kim that stupid, weak guy. Where was he anyway?

The silence in the alleyway resounded in my ears. I didn't know what to say to fill the awkward atmosphere. 

"Umm." Thank goodness. "I didn't know you could fight. You're pretty good." I could see the tip of his ears turn red, as he complimented me. Teddy's face was angled to the ground, but I could hear it in his voice. He was smiling.

"Thank you. You're not too bad yourself." I returned the favour, also with a happy grin on my face.

The wind picked up, making leaves dance along with the soft whistle it made through the trees. The sky had darkened significantly since this afternoon: it was now a dark blue. Stars were beginning to shine through the thick suffocating blanket of space. The light of the stars was insignificant alone, but all together they were almost enough to outshine the moon. 

I tried to get a better look at the mesmerising sky, but in turn, put a little bit of weight on my right arm.

I hissed in pain. Rustling started next to me and in a few seconds, Teddy Jin was looming over me. He knelt in front of me and offered me his hand. I took it, thanking him under my breath as I pulled onto him to hoist myself off the ground. 

Even though I had managed to stand alright on my own, Teddy's hands were still hovering over my waist to steady me, in case I lost my balance. I assured him I was alright and we set off. 

We started ambling casually and slowly through the darkening night in silence. I didn't know where we were going and neither did Teddy. He just followed me through the long empty streets. Somehow, we made it back into the familiar neighbourhood. The streets were littered with a dwindling amount of people, which was much better than the abandoned streets before. The chatter and noise of other people was something I didn't even know I needed to feel somewhat safe. 

"Krown, I think we need to get you to a hospital; your arm looks a bit..." Teddy's voice trailed off as we both glanced at my arm. I hadn't even felt the pain of my arm the whole time we had been walking. Was it even broken?

"I'm fine. See, it doesn't hurt-," I attempted to lift my arm up; instead, I was met with an extraordinarily sharp pang of pain. I doubled over, sweating. I guess I hadn't felt the pain because I had been distracted... by Teddy. 

"It's fine. You don't need to act tough anymore. The hospital's right around the corner, I'll take you there." I felt warm hands wrap around my shoulders. "Just relax, don't tense up your arm. You'll put yourself in more pain."

I didn't know if it was because of everything that had happened today, or because of the searing pain in my arm but tears brimmed in my eyes. A tear slid down my cheek. I was exhausted, cold and hurting. I couldn't keep up the facade anymore. I couldn't keep this brave face on anymore.

"Okay, let's go," I whispered, and Teddy Jin guided me through the cool night to the blaring neon lights belonging to the hospital.