Ch. 4: To say the least

I looked up and seen a beautiful brunette glaring at me. She was giving me and Anthony the evil eye. She didn't look familiar to me at all, so I guess Anthony had to know her. I look at him and he had a shocked expression on his face.
"April, this is Marisa, Marisa this is April." As Anthony introduced us I looked at Marisa and smiled politely, but she was paying absolutely no attention to me, she was giving Anthony a death glare. I tried to slid off of Anthony's lap but he wouldn't let me, I glanced around the room and seen the others looking over here, trying to see what was going on. "Tony, we need to talk. Now." Marisa said through gritted teeth. I glanced at Hallie and she tapped her cup while pointing at me, shaking my head up and down, I saw her getting up to make me another cup. Anthony gave me an apologetic smile and lifting me up to put me beside him on the couch. "This will just take a sec," he muttered, standing up and following Marisa up the stairs. When I looked back at Hallie she was already on her way over to me with a full cup of the same drink I just had. Once she handed it to me, I drunk it as fast as I could. "What is that all about?" I asked Hallie, If Anthony had something going on with Marisa, I wanted no part in it. Hallie looked at me and I seen something in her eyes, it looked sad, the look almost destroyed me. I knew I shouldn't be Thinking that way, I just met the guy, but I was already crushing on him, and the alcohol was starting to cloud my judgment. "They use to have a thing, she cheated on him and when he found out he broke it off, she's been trying to get him back ever since." How could any one cheat on Anthony? He seemed really sweet. If she cheated on then I understand that he wants nothing to do with her, she should just quit trying to get him back. About that time they both headed back down the basement stairs, Anthony didn't have any expression on his face as he walked over to the couch we sat on and sat back down next to me, putting his arm around me. I look at at Marisa and seen the death glare that she keeps giving me. I glanced back at Anthony and noticed that he was already staring at me, with that smile to die for on his face, the one that you just had to smile back. Marisa sat in the couch opposite of us and took the pipe and brought up to her mouth. There was a lot of tension in the air but I tried to ignore it the best I could. Hallie was still sitting right next to me and handed me the pipe she used, I thanked her with my eyes and took out the lighter I've been using and lit up the weed that was in bowl. The inhale wasn't as sharp as it was the first couple of times, but I welcomed the burn in my throat, knowing if I keep smoking I'll be happier. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the back of the couch, holding in the smoke for as long as I could. When I opened my eyes again I noticed there were about five more people in the room and I didn't recognize any of them, except one, my ex boyfriend. I haven't seen him since we broke up three months ago because he had to switch schools. He hasn't noticed me yet and I hoped that he wouldn't, but my hoping wasn't on my side, his eyes swept around the room landing on everyone around him, then his eyes met mine and he had a shocked expression. Brent looked like a fish as he opened and closed his mouth multiple times, I couldn't blame him for being shocked, I was the girl that did everything right, the one that did nothing bad. And now here I am, getting high and drinking, I wasn't ashamed or embarrassed that he found out, it wasn't like we had feelings for one another any more. I smiled weakly at him and looked away, my eyes focused on Anthony and he must have seen the exchange between us because he raised that perfectly arched eyebrow at me and once again I just shrugged, not wanting to explain myself.