Chapter 10

While that happened, the Loonatics, who entered inside the palace, were guided by one of the gatekeepers, who escorted them to the main throne room of the place. 

The throne room was in their typical colors of dark red and gold wrapped all around the area with one big fancy chair sitting in the middle of it. 

Although the Prince of Planet Blanc was fairly small, he enjoys the comfort of having all the glory room to himself. 

Today have been a peaceful and yet, a very quiet one for him. 

Bored and left with nothing to do, the little bird continues to fiddle around with the armchair of his throne until he hears the door opens and perks up to see who it is. 

"Your highness, the guests have arrived." The gatekeeper announced as the group let themselves in.

"Thank you, Alister, you can return to your post now." Prince Tweetums said, dismissing the gatekeeper, who nodded his head and closed the door behind them. 

The Prince then turn to his attention towards the team. 

"Ah. My Royal Guardians! Welcome." Prince Tweetums greeted with a smile while he looks all at everyone until he noticed tat a certain someone was missing. 

"Where's my personal knight, Duck? Shouldn't he be with you too?" Prince Tweetums asked the group who all looked at each other nervously, except for Ace. 

His face was looking down and turned away. 

Making it seem more clear to the Prince that he was showing a deepened sorrow expression for a more personal reason. 

"It's a long story." Lexi explained plainly, hoping that Prince Tweetums wouldn't stick his nose into it much further.

And for once, the Prince respectively agreed to do just that. 

"I see. Well, what is it that I can do for you? Imported supplies to upgrade your old equipment? A new ship to use for your missions? A..." Prince Tweetums started to list until Rev interrupted him.

"We came here to warn you of a possible raid that might happen to your kingdom." Rev blurted out, quickly.

It didn't take but a couple of seconds for the Prince to understand what he meant and started to laugh like he was part of a hilarious comedic show.

The group all looked at each other, confused.

"What's so funny?" Tech asked, a little offended. 

"Haha. Oh, Nothing. I just thought that I would be hearing more troubling news than a silly wasteful ambush for my family's jewel." Prince Tweetums laughed in possible mockery. 

Lexi, looked over at the others and shrugged her shoulders before trying to explain to him how grave this matter is. 

"Pardon me your highness for correcting you otherwise, but this is very serious. A criminal had just informed us that his group of thugs are planning on stealing your jewel for its potential power" Lexi added.

"That may be so, but it won't be worth the effort to me anyhow, because I don't have it." Prince Tweetums explained. 

"What?!" The group exclaimed at once, which shot up Ace's attention as he turns to him, also shocked as well.

"What do you mean you don't have it?!" Ace asked, puzzled as the Prince immediately took out his scepter and unravel the gem inside the hole that was located in the middle of the object to show them.

"It's a fake. See? A decoy." Prince Tweetums explained, revealing a small plastic looking red jewel that doesn't shine very brightly like a regular one should. 

"Well if that's the case then where's the real one?" Tech asked.

"I think you should know already who I had entrusted it to. It worked the last time, did it not?" Prince asked rhetorically with a smile. 

It didn't take much time for the group to figure out who that individual was, according to their last special mission that involved an end of the world catastrophe with the Planet. 

"Duck? But, if he's got it then...." Lexi said, now wondering about how dangerous this could get until she was cut off. 

"Ah. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure that wherever it is at now, he is keeping it safely hidden and far away." Prince Tweetums said, confidently. 

Ace, who was even more frustrated with all of this mess going on, lets on out his rage in front of the Prince. 

"But, that's the problem! He's already joined forces with that jewel-thieving group and now he's got the jewel, it'll only be a matter of time before it falls into the wrong hands and then, what?! Do you have any idea what this could mean to us? To the world? Do you have any possible knowledge how irresponsible this is?!" Ace yelled out, and is basically now breathing on heavy pants from all of his irritation over the whole thing.  

The Prince chuckled a little on his vexation and waited for him to calm down before he continued on making his point. 

"I believe that this 'irresponsible' action of mine is more reasonable than I can say. Rest assure you that if I were to ever go back in time to remake my decision. I would do it all over again. He saved my life and I have full, strong confidence that he is more than capable of handling the jewel the proper way. Why the doubts? Do you not trust him as a team leader?" Prince Tweetums taunted, hoping to get a rise out of him. 

"Frankly, he doesn't trust anybody." Rev blurted out candidly until he got nudged in arm roughly for the rude comment by Tech's elbow. 

"T...that's not true! I.... Ugh." Ace yelled out defensively before pausing and ended up rubbing his head in a groan, aggravated. 

"Something tells me that you are frustrated over something else. I wonder why is that? Prince Tweetums teased. 

Lexi rolled her eyes, at this point she was getting really annoyed with the Prince's persistence but, once again tries to be polite about it. 

"Please your highness, let's not pry into this discussion now. We first need to figure out how to defend your kingdom." Lexi said, trying to keep Ace from losing his cool.

"My kingdom is doing just fine. Thank you. They can tear down these walls and break every one of my last sculptures all they want, but as long as the jewel is nowhere near their sight, then no course of emergency action is necessary." Prince Tweetems said presumptuously. 

However, despite the confidence given in his words, Ace ignores the comment anyways and turns to face the group immediately. 

"Alright everyone, grab your weapons and be prepared to strike when you're ready. Give them everything you got. Rev and Tech, you two patrol each of the hallway wing perimeters of the Palace. Slam, you take the back entry way. I'll take the front gate and Lexi, I'll leave you to watch the Prince for me until this is all over." Ace instructed as the group split ways to go to their assigned post. 

When everyone left except for Lexi, she looked on at the Prince with an 'oh well' look and waited for his approval of the last minute planning. 

"No matter, do what you must. I will leave all of my resources and guardsman to your account." Prince Tweetums said, shaking his head. 

Lexi, who was still doubtful of his lack of worrying, tries to ask the question again. 

"How can you be so sure that the royal jewel is safe? What if you're wrong about all of this?" Lexi asked. 

"Because, no matter how sticky the situation gets, he will always make sure that it goes into the right hands." Prince Tweetums answered in a influential, philosophical manner. 

Lexi, astonished by the Prince's full boldness in his reassurance, begins to ponder over the whole mystery of it. 

She knows that Duck would never intentionally use the jewel or let anyone get hurt by giving it to the wrong person. 

So... where is it then? She wondered.