Chapter 8

Meanwhile, The Loonatics team, with their numerous amount gear strapped onto them, heads out to Planet Blanc in their ship and tries to track down Prince Tweetums so that they could warn him and his guards of the situation that was about to take place soon.

From what they gathered so far, Pinkster gang of goons were planning on raiding the palace to steal the prince's scepter jewel, which contained a lot of potential harmful power.

If it were ever to fall into the wrong hands, the world could be in danger.

Lexi at the time, was now in charge of the team and asked the others around her to see where heading since planet traveling can be a long and tiring trip to make.

"Tech, what's the status of the Royal Palace  location?" Lexi asked.

"Well, from where we are now, it shouldn't take but only 500 more miles to get there." Tech calculated on his fingers while dialing a more coordinates on his computer until he got distracted by an obnoxious voice.

"Which should be approximately only 20 minutes from here since this ship goes on 25 miles per minute." Rev added with a bright smile.

"Rev, why are you so annoying?" Tech asked, rhetorically.

"Hmm...I would have to guess that maybe it's because I'm faster and more efficient than you." Rev taunted.

"No, it's probably because you love to just peeve me off to no good end." Tech said, irritated.

"Oh yeah and that too." Rev added on with a grin.

"Grr. Some days I just want to strangle you with my own bare hands." Tech mumbled angrily while Lexi looks over at them and laughed.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head as she walks over to Slam, who was chilling on the couch at the moment.

"How about you Slam? You hanging alright?" Lexi asked while giving him a friendly, light punch to his arm.

"Rarr!" Slam called out in a happy tone, with his teeth filled smile widening in a joyous mood.

"Haha. Okay buddy. I think that means a yes then." Lexi laughed a bit as she patted him on the back and moved on.

But she looks around and sees that Ace is not even anywhere nearby so, she heads to the one place that he would go to when he needs his space, try training room.

After a few minutes passed, she climbed downstairs to the lower part of the deck.

She turns to a slide door and opens it to see, just as she expected, Ace kicking and punching roughly at his heavy punching bag.

She shook her bread at dismay and leaned on the doorway in the room.

"You know, all of that training that you're doing there for hours and hours, isn't going to do you much good." Lexi advised.

"And your point?" Ace heaved from the shortness of his breath while continuing his training practice.

"Ace, is there something you're not telling me?" Lexi asked, a little concerned.

"No. Why would you think that I'm hiding anything from you?" Ace asked rhetorically.

"Because you're running away from your problems and beating yourself for it all doesn't going to make it go away." Lexi advised.

Ace then, stopped his training immediately and sighs.

"I....was so blind and so busy with everything else going around that I....never really took the time to notice Duck's feelings for me. Over the past few weeks I would scorn at him or criticize for all of his mistakes. When instead I should thought it through and talked about it with him. And now, he's gone because of me." Ace explained sadly as he sat down on the floor in a slump.

He couldn't think anymore, nor stop the amount of regret that was filling into his mind.

Silence breezed into the room for a moment before Lexi spoke.

"I agree." Lexi added on with a nod.

"That's not helping." Ace said, rolling his eyes.

"No, but what can help is for you to stop feeling sorry for yourself and start thinking about how to make it up to him. Do what you do best. Be his friend and talk about it, together. If the feelings are mutual then you'll know exactly how to make the right call." Lexi said with a half smile while patting on his shoulder in encouragement.

Suddenly, a fast zipping sound was made by Rev who ran towards them in quick timing.

"You guys have to come and check this out." Rev warned as Lexi and Ace looked at each other confused before following him to the center of the ship.

"Alright, you got our attention. So what gives?" Ace asked, a little impatient.

"We just got word from the news that the prisons in both Acmetropolis and Planet Blanc were invaded by a mysterious villain. He broke into the jail cells and just took their powers. The imprisoned villains were so weak that they couldn't move, but a couple inches before passing out completely." Rev explained.

"But why would he go through all of that trouble?" Lexi asked, wondering.

"Only one way to find out. Tech, how far are we now from the palace?" Ace asked.

"We should be landing in anytime now." Tech answered with a thumbs up.

"Great. We need to assemble all of the equipment and head on over to the throne room so that we can keep the jewel in a safe place until we take down Pinkster's army of crooks for good." Ace explained as he heads to the weapon room next to the main floor of the ship and grabbed ahold of his retractable sword.

"Do you have a plan in mind?" Lexi asked, curiously while grabbing her own gear.

"No, but I have a bad feeling that this isn't going to be an easy fight and whoever this guy is, must be very powerful by now so we'll have to watch out for him. The last thing we need is for anybody to get hurt." Ace said, in concern.

"Including him?" Lexi asked with a smirk.

"If he's there, then...maybe all of my worries can settle for the better." Ace said, partially avoiding the question as the team's ship makes a landing stop from right outside the gates of the palace.

The team then, got out of the ship and quickly head on over to Royal Tweetums with anticipation and preparation for their battle.