Chapter 5

As Pig made his way back to the lair, which was really just another cave except it was underground and was a lot more expansive for research and experimental purposes, he thought consistently about Duck, surprisely to him, more good than bad.  

I hope Duck is doing fine with those guys. They sure didn't give him much of a warm welcome greeting..... Pig thought until he realized what he was doing, again. 

Ah! Stop it! you're supposed to be his two-faced enemy, not his best friend! What's the matter with you? Pig forcefully thought out in his head to replace his 'good side' that he has for duck. 

But it never stopped. 

When Pig finally caught up with the rest of his group to the lair, he looks over and sees that Duck was doing okay, just like he had initially hoped. 

In fact, he was getting along well with them at a much quicker rate than he expected.

Perhaps, overly well for his own comfort as he sees Drake Sypher, one of his allies, getting a little too close to Duck while Pepe was dealing out the cards next to them for the groups' big game of Poker.

Drake seems to really take a liking to Duck but no matter, as long as the plan goes through, everything will work out on his side of the favor.

Right?

Pig then looks back at Duck and grins when he sees that he had won the jackpot of the game.

"Ha! Royal Flush! I win! And its all mine now!" Duck yelled out excitedly while scooping up the bundles of chips from the middle pile and places it next to his stash of cards.

"Hey what's the big idea?!" Stoney yelled out in a rage while Weather Vane and Professor Zane, who was working on some weaponry in a nearby corner, laughed at his misery from a distance. 

"Yeah. You didn't teach him to cheat did ya?" Bugsy asked, looking over at the con man Pierre Le Pew, who shrugged his shoulders and pretended that he didn't see it coming. 

"Ah ah. A player never reveals his secrets. I taught the boy everything that he needed to know" Pierre Le Pew said while giving him a quick wink and a quiet symbol with his finger on his mouth, indicating that he did indeed show him a few more tricks than necessary to play the game, giving him a fair shot at winning.

Drake then puts one arm around Duck's shoulder in a manly victory hug.

"Yeah! Alright! That's my pal right there." Drake yelled out in anticipation.

Duck at first flinched a little from his movement, possibly because he was too used to the guy stealing his old team's powers, but then calms down a little when he notices that Drake wasn't even wearing his gloves.

Instead, he sees a guy, who could be just an average person trying to have fun.

Maybe having these guys around as my buddies wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. Duck thought beamily and smiles.  

Pig rolled his eyes sarcastically and chuckles a little at this. 

Nobody really knew that somewhere in that dark, cold heart of his, lies a soft fluffy feeling that he still has for Duck.

Even after everything that has happened between them, there was still a brotherly connection that he had simply missed out over the years. 

He thought about the times when they were really close as little children.

Then a flashback shot up in his mind. 

They were 5 years old at the time and in a deserted playground that lie behind a glass wall, almost as if they were in a cage.