Chapter 1

Within the city of Acmetropolis, a group of heroes, known as The Loonatics are currently in Chinatown and are battling against an ongoing villain named Dr. Dare.

A mad man scientist who was out to get his revenge against the members of The Loonatics after his hideout was discovered with the help of Tech's Atomic Phase Departiculator accidentally going off again.

"Haha! Face my wrath Loonatics!" Dr. Dare shouted out as various rock monsters emerged up from the ground street of the city.

One of the monsters then, threw several rocks towards them, with one almost hitting Danger Duck in the head.

"Ah! You know that mass amount of rock could kill someone!" Danger Duck pointed out before he was interrupted with more rocks being thrown at him.

"Duck! Quit fooling around and help us out here! Use your fire 'eggs'" Ace suggested loudly in an irritated tone as he looked directly at Duck, whose mind all of a sudden went blank as multiple thoughts start to circle around in his head.

What is this feeling?

Why does Ace seem to make my heart.... beat so much faster?

Duck thought with a mixture of confusion and embarrassment as a small blush forms across his face.

He couldn't quite understand this alien emotion as he continues to linger on in a daze like this until all of a sudden, Ace's rising voice shook him out of his daydreaming.

"Duck? Duck! Are you listening?!" Ace yelled out at his dazed friend.

"Huh? Oh yeah yeah, sure." Duck called out as he gathers enough energy in his power orbs to shoot down the oncoming rock monsters.

After several fire 'eggs' were thrown at the rock monsters, the orbs then start to slowly dissolve the rock forms a bit.

This would hopefully weaken them long enough for the team to now strike against Dr. Dare as Rev Runner, Lexi, and Slam all partner up against the deformed monsters while Tech continues to fidget with his invention, hoping to suck the mad doctor back into the Atomic Phase Departiculator.

Ace then, took this as an opportunity to attack the main target of the whole situation.

"I think that's good enough Duck I can handle this." Ace suggested as he tries to walk closer towards Dr. Dare until Duck blocked his way
out of protective defense, as he steps in front him.

The two now face to face to each other in a close distance.

"Are you sure? Let me try to..." Duck said as he tries to explain what he proposed to do until he stopped as he looked at him face to face and froze.

He didn't know what to say as he stood motionless while making direct eye contact at him.

Ace, who was just as stumped, looked on at him with the same confusion.

The two continue to stare awkwardly at each other for what seemed like hours until all of a sudden, Ace glanced up and noticed an oncoming rock hurling at them.

"Duck! Look out!" Ace shouted as he pushed both of them out of the way in the Nick of time.

The rock then landed inches away from the two, who fell as a result of the last-minute dodge.

By the time, they got up on their feet, Dr. Dare, who got tired of his own cat-mouse game, laughed at his small victory and decides to hit the road for now.

"Hahaha! Well it really has been fun and I wish I could stay longer but as you can see, I've got other plans in mind. See ya, Loonaidiots!" Dr. Dare laughed manically as he gathers up the rest of his rock minions and burrows quick underneath into the earth to escape.

After one last effort of trying to grab ahold of him, the Loonatics lost sight of him as they look down frustrated in defeat.

Ace, who was affected the most by it, was stunned.

Being a team leader holds a lot of responsibility.

Including protecting the citizens of Acmetropolis to which now, he had just failed to do.

Ace then, turn to Duck and vented.

"Argh! He got away! Duck! What's the matter with you?! Now because of you, we lost him!" Ace yelled at him.

"I'm....sorry." Duck said looking down as the others walked a little closer to the two .

"Yeah you should be. That's the 5th time this week that you let an enemy get away like that." Ace barked as Duck then looked up at him with a sudden urge of rage.

"Excuse me Mr. Leader. I can't help that I'm not perfect like you." Duck argued back, his face red from all of the frustration that his friend has been giving him.

"If you would have listened to me none of this would have happened. I think you should stay off on the whole 'hero' thing because clearly it's not working out for you." Ace grumbled.

Duck, who was shocked by Ace's hurtful words, looked away from him, hoping not to show his embarrassed face as he says those last few words to him.

"Well I better just get out of your way then. I wouldn't want to ruin that flawless image of yours." Duck said as he immediately teleported out of the area.

"Ace! Don't you think you're being a little too hard on him?" Lexi scorned along with the others who looked over at him with disdain.

It was one thing to be concerned for others, but to talk down to his own team member, was very uncalled for.

"Tch. He'll be fine. Come on, let's just head back to The Tower. Maybe Zadavia can give us an update on Dr. Dare's whereabouts." Ace said, frustrated as he and rest of the team walk back towards the Loonatics Tower on foot.

Meanwhile, after several short teleportation spasms since Duck's 'Quantum Quack' power was always uncontrollable and short distanced, Duck finally arrived back to The Loonatics Tower as he walks inside his room, slumped with guilt.

Jeez. I can't do anything right. Maybe... it's best if I leave the group. They already have a leader so they really don't need me. But... where would I go? Duck wondered as he quickly packs his stuff in an old backpack that he had on when he was once a normal human.

He wasn't even supposed to be a superhero in the beginning nor did he ever want the job in the first place.

All he wanted to do was to finish up his training and become a lifeguard.

That was of course....until he met the others.

Including Ace, his best friend and rival, whom he had always envied and looked up to him for as long as he can remember.

Recently however, they had come to good terms and were the best of friends.

However, from the way everything was turning out, it seems that he had lost his best friend, possibly forever.

After everything was packed, he decided to have one last look at The Tower before he leaves.

Mostly, to a picture at the kitchen stand with all of them together.

They were smiling brightly as if they were all one big happy family.

I'm sorry I disappointed you Ace. Maybe with me being gone, the team can be better heroes to the people of Acmetropolis. they don't need a loser like me. I....hope you can forgive me. Duck thought sadly as burning tears start to fall down his face.

Suddenly out of the blue, due to a huge amount of his emotion, his eyes flash bright orange as he quickly teleported out of the building without a second thought more.