Chapter Twenty-Seven

Allison
*One year later*

"You got this Amy, you're doing great baby."
"One more push bambina! Come on give us one more." Carina said from her position.

Amelia cried out and pushed, and our daughter's cries filled the room.
"Ciao bambina." Carina whispered as she laid her on Amelia's chest.
"Oh my God she's beautiful." I kissed Amelia's forehead as I laid our daughter's twin sister next to her on Amelia's chest.
"Hi sweet girls, I'm your mommy." She whispered to our daughters.
"You did so good babe. They're perfect." I smiled at our daughters.

"Congratulations guys. They're so beautiful." Carina said from the other side of the room.
"Thank you Mom."
"I need to take them to get their tests done, but I'll bring them right back as soon as we're done okay?"
Amelia nodded and handed our daughters over.

"Ciao bambini, I'm your Nonna." Carina said as she wheeled them out of the room
"Can you believe it? We're mammas." Amelia said with a smile.

An hour later we were in her recovery room, watching tv.
"Guys! The awards are on!" Maya came running in with an iPad.
"Maya, I don't want to watch this. I'm nowhere close to winning." I said with a small smile.
"You're nominated for a Catherine Fox award, we're watching damn it." Andy said as the rest of the crew followed her in.
"My nieces are beautiful. I'm so proud of you guys." Maya kissed both of our heads.
"Thanks sis."

"They're announcing it!" Ben said as Andy turned up the volume.

"Now onto the moment everyone has been waiting for. The Catherine Fox award. Every nominee has put in so much effort, time, and dedication. But only one can win. This year the winner of the Catherine Fox award, goes to..." Doctor Fox opened the letter.
"Doctor Allison DeLuca-Bishop! For advances in fetal surgery and postpartum care!"

Our whole room erupted in cheers as I stared at the iPad.
"And here to accept her award, is Doctor Miranda Bailey."

Doctor Bailey walked to the front and stepped in front of the microphone with a huge smile.

"Doctor DeLuca-Bishop couldn't be here today, because her wife is delivering their baby girls. Allison has had a rough life. Life threw her obstacles, and she threw some punches back. She's not only a published and successful doctor, but a successful fire fighter as well. It's been an honor to work with her, and to call her my friend. Congratulations Allison, we're all so proud of you."
The room clapped and Doctor Bailey stepped away from the stage.

"Babe! You did it! You won!" Amelia squeezed my hand.
"I won?" I was still shocked.
"You won farfalla. We're so proud of you." Carina kissed my forehead.

"Two daughters, and an award all in one day." Ben laughed.
"What did you decide to name them?" Vic asked.

"You wanna tell them?" Amelia asked.
I nodded, "Their names are Andy and Vic. Andrea Pruitt, and Victoria Evangeline." I said smiling at Andy and Vic.

"You... you named your daughters after us?" Andy asked with tears in her eyes.
"Of course I did. And I wanted to honor your Dad. He saved us all Andy. And you and Vic... you've done so much for me. You're always there when I need you. You've the best aunts to me, and I know you're gonna be the best aunts to my daughters."

"Plus. They have Maya's and Carina's last names. We wanted to honor all the important women in our lives." Amelia said with a smile.
"Yes! I got a baby named after me! In your face boys!" Vic did a dance.

"You two just made their days." Maya said with a smile, wiping tears out of her eyes.
"More like our lives! Come on, I wanna go see our namesakes." Vic grabbed Andy's hand and led them out of the room.

The rest of the team congratulated us and left to give us some time with Maya and Carina.
"Congratulations you two. You're gonna be the best moms." Maya told us.

"I learned how to from the best." I smiled at them both.
"Don't make me start crying." Carina laughed with tears in her eyes.

Maya and Carina said their goodbyes, and promised to come back tomorrow.

Amelia patted the bed next to her, and I crawled up and laid bed for her.
"You did it babe. I'm so proud of you." I kissed my wife's cheek.
"No. We did it."

The End