Chapter Twenty-Five

Allison
*Three months later*

"Good morning love. You left without saying goodbye this morning." I handed Amelia a cup of coffee and kissed her cheek.
"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. I know you got home late. I didn't think you worked today?" She sipped her coffee.
"I don't. I just wanted to see you. I'm gonna go to the station for a few hours today and help stock up." I leaned against the nurses station.
"Okay. Want me to meet you there after my shift is over? I feel like I haven't seen everybody in forever."

"Sure. Go kick some neuro ass, I love you."
"I love you." She leaned over and gave me a kiss.

*At the station*

"Hello, hello!" I said as I walked into the beanery.
"Hey mini Bishop! What are you doing here today?" Dean asked.
"Figured I'd help you all stock up. I'm off and Amy has to work so I don't really have anything to do."
"Awesome. I think Maya was looking for you, she's in her office."
"Thanks Uncle Dean. I'll be back to help."
I walked downstairs, and knocked on Maya's office door.

"Come in." She said.
"Hey what's- what the hell are you doing here?"

Our Dad turned and looked me up and down.
"I came to see how my daughters are doing."
"I am not your daughter. Maya is not your daughter. You abandoned us." I spat.

"Still as crazy as ever, aren't you Allison? You still ruining your big sisters life by making her take you in?"
"She didn't make me take her in. I wanted her! I still want her!" Maya shouted.
"Maya and Carina have been better parents than you have ever been! You're abusive, manipulative, condescending-"

"Young lady-"
"No. No more from you. I get to talk." I walked over to stand next to Maya.
"You haven't talked to me in almost ten years. And guess what? I'm kicking ass. I'm a fire fighter. I'm a doctor. A published doctor! I save lives every freaking day! And guess who that's thanks to? Not you, not Cindy, but Maya and Carina. They pushed me to be the best I can be. And now I'm doing it. Do you know how many twenty three year old doctors get their work published not once, but twice? I got published twice. I have a method that is saving lives each time it gets used! Not only that, but I'm married to the love of my life! And guess what? She's perfect. She's amazing. She's supportive. And you don't get to waltz in here and ruin my day by putting me or my sister down! Maya is a better parent than you ever were. She made me realize my self worth, she took me to school every day, she fed me, she clothed me, Maya and Carina are my Moms. You aren't shit!"
My body was shaking, I wanted to rip his head off.

"Mr. Bishop. I think it's time you leave." Dean said from the doorway.
"You have to get your big strong man to fight your battles for you?" He laughed.
"No, Dad! Because unlike you I don't win my gold metals through someone else! I win them myself. Now get the hell out of my station and don't come back." Maya growled.

He scoffed and walked out of her office.
"You good?" I asked.
"Yeah. You?"
"Yeah. I just wasn't expecting... that."

"Me neither. You wanna go home instead of helping us?" She put her hand on my shoulder.
"No. I definitely need to stay now. Amy is gonna meet me here after her shift if that's okay."
"Of course. She's my favorite sister in law." She joked.
"She's your only sister in law." I laughed.

*A few hours later*

"Allison!" I heard Amelia shout from the garage.
"Coming love!" I slid down the pole and walked over to her.
"Hi beautiful." She gave me a kiss.
"Hi. How was work?"
"Alright. I need to talk to you."
"Good talk or bad talk?"
"Good."
"Okay. Come on." I grabbed her hand and led her to Maya's office. I knew she wouldn't be in there and wouldn't care that I used it for a minute.
"What's up?" I sat on my sister's desk.
She handed me a pregnancy test. Positive.

"Wait, it worked?" I gasped.
"It worked. We're having a baby." She said with a smile.
"We're having a baby!" I picked her up and spun her around.
"Holy shit, this is happening!" I said excitedly.
"It's happening baby. When do you want to tell everyone?"
"I wanna tell Maya and Mom first. Do you wanna tell your Mom?"
"She didn't come to our wedding, she doesn't get to know about our baby."
"Are you gonna tell your brother?"
"Of course. We can tell them tonight after we tell Maya and Carina and the rest of the Station 19 crew."
"I gotta call Mom and tell her to get here now." I pulled out my phone and dialed Carina's number.

"Ciao farfalla."
"Mom. Are you done with your shift?"
"Sì. I'm almost to the station now. Is everything okay?"
"Yes. Come to Maya's office as soon as you get here. We have to tell you guys something." I hung up before I accidentally spilled our secret.

Maya walked in and jumped slightly when she saw us.
"You two scared the shit out of me. Why are you in my office?"
"We needed to talk. Mom is on her way here, we need to tell you two something." I said with a smile.
"Good or bad?" She sat down at her desk.
"Good."

"Farfalla! I hurried here, what's going on?" Carina said as she walked into the office.
"Sit down. Allison, shut the door please." Amelia said.

I shut the door as Carina sat down on the desk.
"You two are scaring me. What's going on?"
"Amy?" I looked at my wife and smiled at her.
"I'm pregnant!" She exclaimed.
"Holy shit! Really?" Maya's face broke out in a smile.
"I just took the test today. We did the insemination four weeks ago, and we didn't think it would work the first time around but I'm pregnant!" She did a happy dance.
"I'm so happy for you two!" Carina walked over and grabbed us in a hug.

"You know that means you're a Nonna, right Mom?" I laughed.
"Of course farfalla. I can't wait to meet the bambina or bambino." She said wiping a tear from her eye.
"I guess that makes me an Auntie." Maya said with a smile.
"Auntie Maya. Who would've guessed we'd be here." I kissed Amelia's cheek.