Chapter Twenty-Four

Allison

I started a pot of coffee, and looked at my family asleep all over my living room. Everyone has been too drunk to go home last night, so Mom and Maya stayed in the guest bedroom, and everyone else stayed in the living room.

I walked over to their bedroom, and knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard mom say quietly.
I walked in, and shut the door behind me.
"Good morning Mom." I crawled on the bed and laid between her and Maya.
"Good morning farfalla." She put her phone down and held her arms open for me to settle into them.
"Did you guys sleep good last night?" I asked, looking at my sleeping sister.
"Sì. I'd ask you the same thing, but after the noises I heard from your room, I'm assuming you did." She said with a chuckle.
"Mom!" I said with a laugh.

"Why are you two up." Maya groaned.
"Because. I need to talk to you two." I nudged my sister and she sat up rubbing her face.
"What's up kid?"

"Amelia and I want to get married today."
"Today? Like, today today?" Maya asked.
"Yep. We don't wanna wait. She's my soulmate, my person. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, starting today."
"Okay, okay. This is happening. What do you need us to do?" Carina asked.
"Just be there for me. Maya?"
"Yeah kid?"

"Will you give me away to Amelia?"
"Wait, really?" She asked.
"Of course. You and Mom are my parents. You two took me in. And obviously Mom is the Mom of the bride, but I want you to give me away to Amy."

Maya sniffed and pulled me in for a hug.
"Of course I will kid." Her voice broke.
"No crying! This is a happy day!" I sniffled out.
"Okay, no tears. Got it. Are you gonna have Ben officiate?" Maya wiped her eyes.

"You think he'd do that?"
"Of course! He already got ordained for when your Mom and I get married." Maya said with a shrug.

We heard a knock on the door.
"Come in!" I yelled.
Amelia walked in holding two cups of coffee.
"I figured I'd find you in here." She handed me a cup, and set hers on the bedside table so she could crawl and sit between my legs.
"We're just talking about the wedding." I kissed her cheek.
"What if we all got married today?" Amelia asked.
"Like a double wedding?" Maya asked.

"Yeah! You and Mom can get married, and Amy and I can get married!" I said excitedly.
"What do you think Carina?" Maya asked.

"I love that idea bambina." She leaned over and kissed my sister.
"Yes! Double wedding!" I exclaimed.

*Thirty minuets later*

I walked into the living room, Amelia following behind me.
"Wake up bitches!" I exclaimed as I turned on the living room lights.

"Language!" I heard Carina and Maya shout from their bedroom.

"Come on mini Bishop! It's too early." Dean groaned.
"Not my fault you all got shit faced last night. Wake up! Coffee's in the kitchen. We need to talk to everyone once you're up and alive."

I grabbed Amelia's hand and we walked into our bedroom.
"Do you wanna call your Mom?" I kissed her hand.
"I don't know..." She trailed off.
"She might want to be here. If anything, at least call Derek and have him come. I'm having Maya walk me down to be with you, I'm sure he'd love to walk you down the isle." I kissed her forehead.
"Okay. Okay. I love you." She wrapped her arms around my shoulders.
"E ti amo. Sei l'amore della mia vita." (And I love you. You're the love of my life.)

"I want you to teach me Italian."
"Really?"
"Yeah! I wanna be able to talk to your Mom, and understand what you and her are saying to me."
"Okay. I'll teach you. Let's focus on getting married first though."
"You go talk to everyone and let them know what's going on. I'll call Derek and my Mom."

I gave her another kiss, and walked out of our bedroom.
"Good morning family!" I said cheerfully as they all sat at the dining room table drinking coffee.
"You're too cheerful this morning." Jack said grumpily.
"Might have to do with the sounds we heard coming from their room last night." Vic joked.
"Oh shut up. Don't be mad because I can get some." I tapped her shoulder.
"Who said I didn't get some." Vic said with a mischievous look in her eyes.
"We'll come back to that. I want to talk to you guys about something."

"Shoot mija." Andy said, her face noticeably red.

"Any and I want to get married today. And so do Mom and Maya."
"A double wedding? Hell yeah!" Travis saod excitedly.
"Ben. Will you do us the honor of officiating? I can't think of anyone else that I want to make me and my girl official." I smiled at him.
"Of course I would. I'd be honored." He gave me a hug.

"What do you need from us?" Dean asked.
"To be there for all of us." I said as Carina and Maya walked in.

"Ben, would you walk me down the isle?" Carina asked.
"Of course!" He gave her a hug as well.

"Mom! I'm getting married! No, I'm not high! I'm sober! Allison and I have been together for two years!" I heard Amelia shout from our bedroom.
"I'll be right back." I said quietly.

I walked into the bedroom, and shut the door.
"Mom! Mommy please, I'm getting married!" She cried out.
She pulled the phone away from her ear and threw it on the bed, sitting down and putting her head in her hands sobbing.

"Oh Amy..." I wrapped my arms around her.
"S-She accused me of being on drugs again! I'm not on drugs! I just want to get married!" She sobbed into my shoulder.
"I know you're not. I know sweetie. It's okay." I whispered as I held her close.
"Why doesn't she love me?" She looked into my eyes, her eyes full of tears and sadness.

"Hey, she does love you. She's just worried about you. She'll come around, I promise." I kissed her forehead.
"I'm over it. I'm done. I'm done trying to make her love me." She wiped her face and sat up straight.

"I love you. It'll be okay." I gave her a kiss, and my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.
"Is this Doctor Deluca-Bishop?" A woman asked.
"Yes. Who's speaking?"
"Doctor Addison Montgomery. I read your method this morning."

I gasped and grabbed Amelia's hand, putting the call on speaker.

"You did? What do you think about it?" I asked.
"I think it's brilliant and-"
"Addie?" Amelia asked.
"Amy?"

"Wait, you two know each other?" I asked.
"She's Derek's ex wife. How's it going in LA Addison?"
"Great! How's it going in Seattle?"
"Great. I'm getting married today." She said with a smile.
"Oh my God! To who? I haven't seen you in years, I feel like I've missed out on so much."
"Allison Deluca-Bishop." Amelia said with a chuckle.
"That's even more of a reason for me to fly out to Seattle and work with her."
"Wait, what do you mean work with me?"

"I have a patient for you Doctor Deluca-Bishop. twenty-four week old fetus, with her heart growing outside of her body."
"Oh my God, yes! I'd love to do it! I'll have to call Cardio and Plastics and make sure they're available soon, but I'd love to do it!"

"Awesome. Save my number, call me tomorrow and we'll set something up. Congratulations on the wedding you two, I'll see you soon."
"Bye Addie!" Amelia said as we hung up.
"Holy shit, it's happening." I said quietly.
"It's happening."

"I got my first surgery!" I jumped up and pulled her with me, both of us dancing around.
"Come on, let's go tell everyone!" She pulled me out of the room and into the dining room.

"I got my first surgery!" I shouted as Amelia and I kept dancing.

"Wait, what? Someone has a surgery for your method?" Carina asked.
"Yes! Doctor Addison Montgomery called me and said she has a patient! I'm calling her tomorrow and setting everything up. It's happening! I'm on my way to becoming the youngest doctor to win a Catherine Fox award!" I pulled Carina and Maya out of their seats and they started dancing too.

Everyone joined in, doing a little dance.
"I'm so proud of you kid, this is a big deal!" Maya said with a huge smile.