Chapter 4 (I): Amusing

Everyone stood there, completely stunned in shock.

Is this even possible?

"Jeez, you guys are a strange lot, reacting with such big, wide eyes..." Nekomaru said.

His body was sheening a metallic silver in the moonlight with big, bright yellow eyes lighting up aggressively in the darkness.

"If you're seriously Old Man Nidai..." Akane said as she hung her head in shame. "Then it's my fault, right? You got a body like like because it's my fault..."

"Gahahaha!" Nekomaru laughed. "Don't worry about it! Don't sweat the small stuff."

"But, how are you even okay with that body...?" Fuyuhiko asked.

"It doesn't matter how I am. You know, it's better just to be alive."

But he's still...

"My, my! This is such a touching reunion!" Monokuma said, showing up along with Monomi.

"Kyaah! Why is Nidai-kun a robot?!" Monomi exclaimed.

"You know, it was hard to save Nidai-kun from the jaws of death, so I had to do a pretty drastic makeover," Monokuma said. "Isn't it nice?"

"What's nice?" Katsumi said, giving Monokuma a harsh stare. "How did you even do that? You can't just upload the human brain into a machine like a file. That's not how the human consciousness works."

"Upupu... but you've already seen the impossible, haven't you?"

But this is already on a different level...

"Hey, Nidai," Kazuichi said nervously. "If you're a robot, what going on with your thought process? Is it a program too? If so, how does that work!"

"Fool! It doesn't matter!" he shouted. "No matter what, I'm still Nidai Nekomaru!"

But that's not answering the question...

"So, you really are self-aware..." Kazuichi suddenly beamed. "This technology is insane! I've never seen anything like it before!"

Akane got angry at Monokuma, and just like before, he fired at her with another bazooka. But this time, Nekomaru shielded her and...

"Amazing! He wasn't even scratched!" Kazuichi said gleefully.

"Anyways..." Monokuma said. "Even if someone kills him, it'll still count as murder! Of course, the same applies if it's the other way around!"

"You fool! That will never happen!" Nekomaru said.

"Anyways, enjoy the rest of your school trip!" Monokuma said, before disappearing.

It's not like anyone could do anything, so they were all just forced to accept it.

More impossible things are happening...

CHAPT. 4
Do Robots Dream of Clockwork?
Daily Life

The next morning, Katsumi went to the restaurant.

Even if Nekomaru came back, it wasn't like she could just get over what happened to Hiyoko, Ibuki and... Mikan...

Arriving at the restaurant, he was boisterous as usual, making the mood much brighter than usual. Apparently, he could still eat food and was electrically powered. But...

Katsumi was staring off into the corner.

"Ah, Hirata-san... are you okay?" Chiaki tilted her head.