Secrets and lies

"Seriously? What the hell Maya!" Vic said. "Tell me what you know." Maya responded. "I don't know shit, and whatever Herrera does after shift is it really any of our business?" "But if she does it on shift that's perfectly fine with you? What happened to firefighters shouldn't date each other?" "Wait what do you mean on shift?" "Oh you didn't know? Figured you two were besties. I caught them in the bunk having sex." "Did you really catch them or is this all one big conspiracy theory you've made up and dragged me into?" Vic said. "I put two and two together. They both were at the station alone, she was no where to be found, and when I finally found her she was coming the same way from his office." "Wow. I really didn't think you would stretch it out this far. Not that I think you should know but I gave Andy a ride home since she was too tired to drive I drove her back to the station because she left her house key with her." "Hmm so if I called Jack he would confirm she was at there place?" "Probably not. We got coffee right after, we were going to invite you but from the looks of it the last thing you need is more coffee." "Vic, just come clean and I won't tell Dixon you knew about this. Why ruin your career just because of Andy's scandalous sex?" Maya responded Vic stood up and said, "And you're supposed to be her best friend, if you were really her friend you wouldn't ask to meet me just to talk behind her back! Instead you would've asked her to talk to her or give her the space she's been asking from you for weeks now! Whoever Andy sleeps with has nothing to do with either of us, so if you want to ruin all 4 of our careers because if you think Dixon won't want to bring you down with us two you got another thing coming, I suggest you stop with these crazy conspiracies and mind you're own business!" Vic stormed out of the store.

Vic and Andy text messages
V: Hey how's it going with you and Robert?
A: Hey Vic, it's going good actually are you okay from last shift?
V: yea I'm fine, random question did you guys happen to ever have sex at the station?
A: uhm only today but it was the first and last time.
V: what the hell Andy you guys gotta be more careful
A: Yea I know we just discussed that and made new rules.
V: well Maya assumed you were in his bunk earlier today guess she wasn't wrong.
A: wait why'd she think that?
V: really long story that ends up with you two breaking up. Do you really see this going somewhere? If it's just sex I'm out. But if you guys are serious about each other I promise I'll do everything in my power to help you two.
A: it's more than sex I swear. He- he makes me feel, things I've never felt from no guy I've ever been with. I love him, I'm in love with him and I appreciate everything you've done for us.
V: Wow, okay count me in. You need an alibi I'm your girl. You need a bridesmaid, I'm there.
A: Slow down on the whole bridesmaid thing.

A week later
Station 19
Andy's POV
8 am

Vic filled me in on the whole meeting with Maya. I was really pissed but tried my best to hide it at work. Today's the last day for Jacks investigation. No one knows what's going to happen to him. That stunt he did at the apartment building,The insubordination, Rigo dying, him breaking the code. There's just way to much to keep him here. If anything he'll be benched again. I don't really know how to feel about it if anything I hope he can pay his half this month. Deans been handling the whole JJ thing quite well. I'd be pretty upset if the person I had a child with just up and left me to take care of them knowing I work crazy hours. Well, Vic and Jackson seem to be over but you never know with them. I think Bens fine I know he feels a little bad about the whole Rigo thing. We're all a little upset about the whole Rigo thing. I'm upset because it's my night to cook. "Tell your boy he's not welcome here." Finch said. "What? Who are you even talking about?" "Gibson he sleeps with his wife and does him a favor by getting him killed. He deserves to be fired." "Yea Jack's made mistakes we all have, what matters now is what decisions he makes from today." "Wow so heartfelt. Just keep him away from B-Shift." Finch said walking away. Yeah Gibson has done pretty bad things but no ones perfect. I just hope they see that and he doesn't lose his job. But then again everyone here hates him except A-shift. "Herrera. My office!" Bishop yelled I went to her office sat down and asked, "Yes Captain?" "I'm benching you." What the hell. "Why?" "Insubordination." "I have done everything you asked jumped threw all the hoops you've given me. You can't bench me from a personal problem we can discuss this outside of work." "No personal problems ever since I became captain you haven't been able to obey a single command." "Maya that's ridiculous." "Captain. And now I'm ridiculous." "I didn't call you ridiculous I simply said what you're suggesting is ridiculous." "If you have a problem with how I run things submit a transfer! I have the papers right here if you want to sign!" We ended up arguing which I'm pretty sure everyone outside the station heard. "What the hell is going on in here!" Robert came in saying. "Of course you'd come in here, always the protector, the knight in shining armor!" "Bishop what the hell are you talking about?" "Everyone knows. Everyone can see! You two are so blindly wrapped up in each other you don't even realize all the rules and protocols you're breaking!" "Bishop you should calm down." I thought it was best to shut the door before she says something she can't take back even though we're way past that. "We're all adults here let's settle it just like it." I said so we all sat down Maya sighed and said, "I know you two are together, which is against the rules I've made an email to send to Dixon. I haven't sent it I want to send it but I haven't, I wanted to talk to you two before I sent it." Bishop said. "Alright fine we're together, that's what you wanted to here right? You got what you wanted. You got you're scoop so go ahead tell Dixon tell everyone about everything I'm done caring about it." I said, Robert got a call so he got up and walked out a couple seconds later. I was on my way out of the room when I said, "The thing that hurts the most is when I finally found it in my heart to forgive you, you turn around and do this to me." I ended up storming off into my bunk. I'm like 75 percent sure everyone heard the whole conversation. I was laying down trying to process the fact I might be benched or fired once Dixon gets the email. When someone knocked at my door. "Come in I guess." "Hey, you okay." "Yeah, I'm fine. How much of the conservation did you guys here?" "Hmm the part about you being benched a knight in shining armor everyone seeing and rules and protocols being broken." "Wow like a whole drama movie right in front of you guys." "It wasn't that bad." "Vic, I don't think it was but it feels a lot worse." "Wanna get out of here?" "Mid-shift?" I said. "Yeah, if you're gonna get benched just for falling in love might as well get benched for breaking the rules." "Yeah, sure where we going?" "Just getting some coffee." Vic said we went out got some coffee and talked then we headed back to the station we're both on ladder and there was no fire today so we just made dinner and the shift ended.

Later that night
Roberts place

"Whew, so crazy shift tonight right?" Andy said "Yeah, pretty crazy. And I don't know it kinda got me thinking." "Thinking?" "This isn't worth all of what happened today at the station." "So what you want to end it?" "No, I'm saying we should come clean." "To who, Dixon? What about our Jobs we have a lot at stake here." Andy said. "No not to Dixon, well not yet. It's all just too much." Robert said sitting down. "Alright we'll, Andy said sitting down grabbing his hand. let's start with my Dad and work our way down to Dixon." "*sighs* Alright we could tell him tomorrow, anyone else on this list we should tell?" Robert asked. "Well it's way to early to tell the team I really don't want to deal with how I know there going to react to all of this. I just want to sleep tonight and worry tomorrow." Andy said. "I think I got just the thing to help with that." Robert says with a mischievous look on his face. "Yeah, what?" Andy says smiling. Robert leans in close and says, "A smoothie." He says getting up. "Seriously?" Andy says laughing she throws one of his throw pillows at hi. He catches it laughs and says, " I was joking." He says bringing back 2 cups of coffee. They sipped on the coffee and watched a movie on the couch